Google Maps staying on at NIGHT on sleep mode??

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Hi there! New to this forum but not new to Droid devices. Got my Rezound last week...love it! Set the power to go to sleep mode at night and up until 2 nights ago it lost very little power overnight. Then the last two nights it went from 100 to 40%. Checked battery usage and the #1 user was Google Maps? I don't have my GPS on nor is anything else I know of using maps.

Did a search but couldn't find anything close to this. Sorry to post another battery issue thread....I know how those get. Thanks for any help/ideas! Cheers:biggrin:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you kill Google Maps? Reboot your phone? Also, do you have fastboot on? Fastboot doesn't play nicely with all apps so it's one option that I would suggest turning off. Lastly, if sleep mode interrupted some internal update or whatever google maps might have been doing that could be why it stuck killing your phone.

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Since I use GM often I "may" have exited without backing all the way out. Didn't reboot nor do I use Fastboot either. I'll keep an eye on it tonight and hope it's just an anomoly. Thanks for the reply Mr. Smith!

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Why not leave the phone on the charger overnight?
I could do that....but what I am trying to figure out is what is causing the "problem". Anything that drains the battery unnecessarily should be fixed...at least I think so.;)

OP
S

svdroiddude

Reaction score
How's it looking so far?
Well, Maps at least wasn't on the battery usage list last night...but discharge in a sleep state is still much more than I would expect. I guess anything that gets regular notifications (news, e-mail, etc) will put a drain even when the phone isn't touched. Will look at getting an extra battery...the OEM's are pretty cheap. Was interested in the extended (not the huge one) but $45 for a battery is a bit much IMO.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if you're putting your phone to sleep rather than leaving it on the charger, maybe just turn it off..??

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Haha I remember a few nights ago Google maps showed up as 2% of by battery usage without me ever using it

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums