Google Maps on Droid vs. on BlackBerry

VYFX

Reaction score
My roommate has the BlackBerry Curve and I just picked up the Droid. Google Maps on his phone pinpoints his location to within 6 meters, however my Droid can only seem to pinpoint my location to approximately 600 meters. Is there a general reason for this or a way to increase its accuracy?

While driving around we can use his phone as a live 'tracking' feature to tell exactly where we are on what street, but mine has such a large radius that navigation is virtually impossible with it other than to find out what 600 meter radius you're in.

Thanks.

BigTex71

Reaction score
Sounds like you may have the GPS off and are using the triangluar celltower positioning.

onejake

Reaction score
Settings -> Locations & security -> Use GPS satellites (make sure the box has a green check mark)

You're all set. It should take less than a minute to give you a very accurate GPS location.

To verify that you are using GPS satellites, simply look at the top task bar. The GPS ion will show up once you open Google maps.

OP
V

VYFX

Reaction score
Yup, that did it. Turning the GPS on seemed to pinpoint my location to the inch, unbelievable.

Thanks much.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used the Nav app for the first time tonight. All I can say is OMG. Glad you got it resolved too :icon_ banana: