Google Maps on Desktop

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Is there a desktop app that allows you to save favorites and plot routes while you're on a desktop/laptop that will sync with Google Maps on the phone? Like maybe if I was in Google Earth and planning a route, can I sync that up to my phone somehow? Or is there a third party app for that?

PetrolHead

Reaction score
Yep, you can do it through Google maps.

Start with: Google Maps

Then, you can login with your google account and save the map with the route you plotted.

Then, grab your phone, open maps > menu > layers > more layers > My Maps > select your saved map

Enjoy driving!

OP
jbjtkbw00

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!! I'm still relatively new to the whole microverse that is Google as I've been tied to all things MSN up til now, so this helps me volumes. I appreciate it. I was actually trying to do it through Google Earth, but now I see where I was mistaken.

PetrolHead

Reaction score
No problem, glad to help. You're just reaching the tip of the iceberg as far as Google's capabilities go. Prepare to be amazed.

borge12

Reaction score
So, I made a map with a route that I wanted to take home from work. Does anyone know how to use these directions with the GPS, or if that is even possible?

When I try to select the route for GPS it changes the route.

Last edited:

onejake

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!! I'm still relatively new to the whole microverse that is Google as I've been tied to all things MSN up til now, so this helps me volumes. I appreciate it. I was actually trying to do it through Google Earth, but now I see where I was mistaken.

Microverse? LOL. We are all just pawns of our Google overlords.