Google Maps..how to get Street View and Bird's Eye View?

spyder560

Reaction score
I've heard you can get a Street View on Google Maps...street view, meaning it looks like you're driving down the street.

Also, how do you get the Bird's Eye view of the map as advertised?

bikerboy

Reaction score
I couldn't find it either :D and i am looking around here to see if i can find how :p

jltung

Reaction score
use gps satellites

Go to Settings. In the Location and Security section, check Use GPS satellites.

I think this is what you looking for.

mooreman

Reaction score
If you are looking at any given Google map, tap and hold the screen, and you'll get an option to see the address for the spot you tapped on, from there you'll be able to figure out the street view. It's pretty sweet.

Smuuth

Reaction score
To get to Bird's eye view and then street view, start the navigation function. (Pick a place you want to go and then tell it to navigate to that place.)

You will see a map similar to the one that is on the top below and the Droid will give you voice directions to your first turn.

To see the bird's eye view of your navigation, click on the first turn arrow that is on the upper left. (It shows a right turn in 300 ft on my map.) The bird's eye view is shown in the center map.

IF a street view is available (sometimes there is no street view), you will see the little silhouette on the map of the bird's eye view down toward the bottom on the right. To see the street view, click on that silhouette. The street view is shown in the bottom map.

Navigation view:

35bdpv4.jpg

Bird's eye view:

2ns9d8p.jpg

Street view:

vemd4x.jpg

To get back to the original view, you can click on the arrow at the lower left in the street view.

BTW, Once you are in Bird's eye view or Street view, you can simulate your entire journey by clicking on the right side of the street name at the top of the screen. It will go turn by turn, changing the map or street view picture as you click.

OP
spyder560

spyder560

Reaction score
Smuuth...awesome..thank you for the screenshots and explanation!