Google Maps help

Slntagent

Reaction score
ok i know this was avail on the iphone...but i cant figure it out on my droid

anyone know how to send your current gps location to someone in a text via google maps? trying to make it so they can click on the link in the text and have it pull up google maps..i know its possible, just cant figure it out

Last edited:

LMI500

Reaction score
The only way I know how is if you you are in your map and you open settings and it will give you the option to: join latitude. I believe the other person you want to connect with has to do the same, but I could be wrong. I have not done anything related to the texting option though.

TheCrusher

Reaction score
No other answers here?

This seems like an obvious feature given all the GPS/fun combined hype, to be able to send people long/lat, or a shortened URL to a an arbitrary google map location.

"I parked our car here ..."

"Meet me at this ... restaurant."

I do believe Twidroid has an option to add your location to tweets, although I haven't tried it so I don't know if uses the a location url, or the new twitter geotagging stuff. But I'm more interested in text or email, or better yet just a general location clipboard soft of function.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm not seeing anyway to do this other than through latitude, and you have to have friends added to your list. so you have to be active, first, and your friend has to have you on their list, second, to see where you are.

mfblankenstein

Reaction score
Text Linkage to Map App

When I first got my Motorola droid addresses that appeared anywhere could be pressed and the map app would start to show the location or directions to the location.

Something has changed and the text addresses (like in an email) are no longer (hypertext?) that will link to the map app.

This was very useful. Any idea how to turn it back on?

bennyj

Reaction score
I too wish this was possible with Google maps. You would think this basic functionality would be standard, but for some reason is not. The only way I know of is to download a third party app to send your location.