Google Maps Droid X layer?

gamemaster333

Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed a layer that says "Find Droid X!" on Google Maps? If so, are these the areas where the "loose" Droid X's can be found?

hoax

Reaction score
I put "Droid X" into Google Maps and it came back with "did you mean 3965 Jackson Rd, Modesto, CA 95358". I dunno, maybe there is one there.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't have a layer option for Droid X..hmm.

Gremlin

Reaction score
No..

I think it is for their contest thing.. They are giving one droid x away.. i think if you follow their twitter account @droidlanding you will get more info..

anuraj1

Reaction score
I don't have that layer option on my Droid or on my PC. How did you guys get to it?

OP
gamemaster333

gamemaster333

Reaction score
I think Gremlin may be right. I am currently followng @droidlanding on twitter right now and I noticed that layer after following it.

Ludacrosse05

Reaction score
The OP must be a joke. I've been following droidlanding for a while now (several days) and I don't have that layer. Not a funny joke.

OP
gamemaster333

gamemaster333

Reaction score
I assure you, this is no joke. I have no idea how it got on my maps, but it did. This did not show up until after I followed droidlanding on twitter.

OP
gamemaster333

gamemaster333

Reaction score
I know how this is gonna sound, but just hear me out. My lock/standby button began to give me trouble so I had unroot it and to take it back to verizon so they could ship me a replacement phone. I am expecting my phone to arrive sometime tomorrow but if there is a way to take screenshots w/o root then I am up for suggestions. If not, then you guys will either have to take my word for it or dismiss it. Either way doesn't really matter to me, I was just wondering if anyone else besides me could see that layer on maps.