Google Maps 5.0

j3oomerang

Reaction score
I can get the 3D view working on the new 5.0, but I can't rotate the map the way they do in this video. And I'm assuming we don't have a compass on this phone, so the auto rotate won't work either. Does it work for y'all?

[video=youtube;TAh4yiCzgKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAh4yiCzgKw&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Google Maps 5.0 for Android[/video]

magnus

Reaction score
It does.......everything in the video should work...

Tap the my location button twice to trigger the compass mode.

Some CM6.1 users are reporting that the rotate does not work...me included

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can get the 3D view working on the new 5.0, but I can't rotate the map the way they do in this video. And I'm assuming we don't have a compass on this phone, so the auto rotate won't work either. Does it work for y'all?

YouTube - Google Maps 5.0 for Android

I just got the update last night, been playing with it today. Everything seems to work fine for me, even the auto-rotate. I even found my house and can see my car in the driveway... :icon_eek:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

I just got the update last night, been playing with it today. Everything seems to work fine for me, even the auto-rotate. I even found my house and can see my car in the driveway... :icon_eek:
They're watching youuuuuuuuu.......

Sweettooth

Reaction score
"Google Maps App, we need to talk...it's about your weight..."
"My weight...? What the hell is that supposed to mean??"
"It's just...it's just that you take up more and more space after every--"
"NO! I don't want to talk about this right now! I get better after each update, I'm just sorry you can't see that!"
"You know I still think you're beautiful, I just don't want to see you let yourself go..."
"Ugh...! See if I ever guide you anywhere again you jerk!"

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

They're watching youuuuuuuuu.......

LMAO I found my dad's house in Delaware, zoomed in, took a screen shot and emailed it to him. I should be getting a phone call soon LOL

OP
J

j3oomerang

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm using CM6.1.2 and I can't rotate it manually.

thebird36

Reaction score
Im not getting 3d for some reason im getting the rotates though

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im not getting 3d for some reason im getting the rotates though

if youre looking for the 3d buildings, its only in select cities, like la and ny. try going to one of those places and zoom in all the way in the regular straight down view before going 3d. thats what i had to do .

thebird36

Reaction score
Hmmm ok its in the city I live in but im outside of it so ill see if it works and let u know