Google Maps 5.0 Problems

pyroelite

Reaction score
Most times things like that happen, go into settings/apps/ & clear the app's data/cache

from my DX

ybrodsk

Reaction score
Same here. Did try to upgrade a few times but keep going back. Original maps seems to be much more stable and extra features in 5.x not worth all this issue

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ir3 s13

Reaction score
google maps on my DX just reads "searching for GPS" and does nothing for over 10 min., won't navigate
icon_%20nono2.gif

stratjb

Reaction score
Yeah, mine is doing the freeze then reboot thing intermittently as well. The wierd thing is the reboot starts at the DROID splash screen but the uptime timer IS NOT RESET! Does that make any sense at all?

Running 5.1.0

Last edited:

starbiker99

Reaction score
My symptoms are the same it sure sucks to know that my phone will reboot before I get directions to my next destination!
Yeah, mine is doing the freeze then reboot thing intermittently as well. The wierd thing is the reboot starts at the DROID splash screen but the uptime timer IS NOT RESET! Does that make any sense at all?

Running 5.1.0

Technoman

Reaction score
Straight stock and not rooted, and my maps has never caused a reset. I am at the latest build of MAPS. There are times if I open MAPS without my GPS active and let it force me to the settings that it will just sit there and search without acquiring the satellite signal. All I usually have to do is toggle the GPS on and off and it will get the satellite quickly.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Anyone having problems with the latests version 5.2? The accuracy seems to be off?

pyroelite

Reaction score
Not having any probs, but make sure aGPS/acquire location from network is on also - get a much faster acquisition & helps stay on track if gps gets spotty.

Haven't been able to try it out lately, but the only location/routing probs I had in the past were in major metro areas with over lapping highways...

from my DX

elvenbain

Reaction score
I have often wonder this myself I had the original Droid from Moto. and now have switched to the Droid X and want to know how to get the fallow me option. it was on my old Droid and i can find any with the fallow me option. the over head view doesnt help me when in seattle traffiv and i need a nagnify glas to see where I am wish google would do an upgrade and offer the fallow me option

medic673

Reaction score
Well if anyone finds a fix, I would love to know, mine reboots all the time with Maps

pyroelite

Reaction score
It could be a memory issue... Any of you have any task killers or similar running? Those are bad cuz the more you clear the memory (may kick out something running that you want to keep) & esp exclude apps from being killed (Keeps them in memory) - just a completely inefficient use.

DX {Rub¡X Blurr¥ 2.¤}

pyroelite

Reaction score
I have often wonder this myself I had the original Droid from Moto. and now have switched to the Droid X and want to know how to get the fallow me option. it was on my old Droid and i can find any with the fallow me option. the over head view doesnt help me when in seattle traffiv and i need a nagnify glas to see where I am wish google would do an upgrade and offer the fallow me option

Top right button on the main screen - it's a 3-way toggle - use whichever mode suits your situation. When not actually navigating I couple this with keep screen always on (separate toggle widget) otherwise it will timeout.

DX {Rub¡X Blurr¥ 2.¤}

boxerdrummer

Reaction score
I had the same rebooting issues as well. Seems to have gone away and I don't currently have any problems.

Red Dragons