Google Lens Rolling Out Today

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
google-lens.png

Rolling out today, Android users can try Google Lens to do things like create a contact from a business card or get more info about a famous landmark. To start, make sure you have the latest version of the Google Photos app for Android: Google Photos - Android Apps on Google Play

Coming soon to iOS

Source: Twitter

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sounds similar to a beefed up Google Goggles app? No update to Photos for me yet, but will try to remember to check it out when I get the app update. It sounds like it's not a focus the camera on an object functionality...more of find things in your existing pictures and then learn more from that cropped / selected image?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That part is still simple. Not sure what you are referring to though, you confused me with that post.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I do like the part where you can use the Lens feature to take a picture of a business card and then create a new Contact directly from that pic. That's cool. People do still hand out business cards and I manually add them as a Contact when needed, so this will be quicker. In used to have an app that would do that, but they ended up selling that data to a non-friendly foreign government. Oops.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
That part is still simple. Not sure what you are referring to though, you confused me with that post.

sorry about confusing you...I was talking about all the different things you can do with a picture these days right after you take it. so many features...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
sorry about confusing you...I was talking about all the different things you can do with a picture these days right after you take it. so many features...
OK.... gotcha now. That is true, technology keeps advancing.