Google Lens Announced At Google I/O 2017

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-lens-3-png.77488

An all new feature is coming to Android O called Google Lens. The new tech was announced yesterday at Google's annual developer conference Google I/O. Google lens allows your camera to do some pretty awesome things. When you point your camera at things it will tell you exactly what it is. If you point it at a flower Lens will tell you what kind of flower you have pointed at. If you point your camera at a restaurant you will be given the restaurant's name, hours of operation, ratings and more.

It gets even more mind blowing. You can do things like point Lens at your router's sticker and it will automatically connect your phone to wifi without you having to go into settings and put in the password! If you point Lens at a concert poster it will give you options for purchasing tickets. This may launch as a Pixel exclusive on the next Pixel, but will eventually be available in Google photos and Google Assistant on all Android devices with current software. This seems to be a much better version of Samsung's Bixby. Do you guys think the new Android O feature is useful?

Attachments

• Google-Lens-3.png
    Google-Lens-3.png
    360.4 KB · Views: 3,684

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Lens sounds cool and useful, just not for me. I'd probably use it when I take a day trip to San Francisco or something but for the most part, I wouldn't have a use for it. The technology behind it though I think is pretty amazing.

JDH

Reaction score
After reading this thread I decided to download the goggles app and give it a go. My turbo on 6.0.1 will never get the lens app but I may have to get a new phone by the time "P" rolls around. This original turbo 64 gig is good as anything out there for my purposes. No telling what will be available when this gives up the ghost.

Elsner Technologies

Reaction score
Website
www.elsner.com
Current Phone Model
Lenovo k3 Note
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Elsne
After reading this thread I decided to download the goggles app and give it a go. My turbo on 6.0.1 will never get the lens app but I may have to get a new phone by the time "P" rolls around. This original turbo 64 gig is good as anything out there for my purposes. No telling what will be available when this gives up the ghost.
Kindly share your experience with this.. It will really help..

Thanks