Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
150810110546-google-alphabet-graphic-custom-1.png

Google Proceeds With Implementation of New Operating Structure
10/2/2015

Google Inc. announced today that, pursuant to its previously announced plans to create a new public holding company, Alphabet Inc. ("Alphabet"), by implementing a holding company reorganization (the "Alphabet Merger"), it expects that the Alphabet Merger will close after the close of business on October 2, 2015. Google anticipates that shares of Google Class C Capital Stock and shares of Google Class A Common Stock will begin trading as Alphabet Class C Capital Stock and Alphabet Class A Common Stock, respectively, on the NASDAQ Global Select Market on October 5, 2015. Shares of Alphabet Class C Capital Stock and shares of Alphabet Class A Common Stock will continue to be traded under the same ticker symbols under GOOG and GOOGL, respectively.

Update: The Alphabet merger is now effective. For more information on the merger, please see Alphabet's Form 8-K filed on October 2, 2015.

Source Alphabet CNN Money

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I get the idea, but the name... it's just ridiculous.

I guess when you have that much money it really doesn't matter what you name your new parent company..

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Perhaps a better name would have been Soup... They will always be Google to me...

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Google is so much easier and is known throughout the world. Imagine if Apple changed their name to Pears, it'd be stupid. Or if Michael Jordan changed to Lester Collins, who the hell is that... No offense to Lester Collins out there!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I read about this Google name changing stuff for corporate structure and I would want to go alphabet something for a search to word lol how many times has that joke come up :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk