Google Earth Not compatible? - On ICS 427 Leak

bikerjay

Reaction score
I am now on the 247 ICS leak, thanks HOB Hall Of Bionic. All is well but I find it peculiar that when I went to down load Google Earth from the play store says : Your Device isn't compatible with this version. Is there any work around?

Also google my tracks is not as smooth and my track files seem to have gaps.

On the other hand google maps seems to run faster.

linuxgator

Reaction score
It downloaded and installed fine on mine, using .247 leak. Did you clear the cache after you udated?

OP
B

bikerjay

Reaction score
I did clear the cache in recovery right after installing and before reboot as per hob instructions.
Thanks for the replys now I know something is not right.

Are you guys rooted. I did use the optional hob root feature when I went to 246 from 905.

mardoon

Reaction score
I went to 905 to .2233 , .242,.244,246 and .247 with HOB .

OP
B

bikerjay

Reaction score
Just managed to get it to work from the website rather than playstore. Still have no idea why it was giving a compatibility issue before.

linuxgator

Reaction score
Just managed to get it to work from the website rather than playstore. Still have no idea why it was giving a compatibility issue before.

It may be an issue with your play store data on your phone. You should go to Menu->Manage Apps->Play Store->Clear Data, then reboot. If that doesn't do the trick, try the same with Google Services Framework. Those actions tend to clean up issues with failed app installs.

OP
B

bikerjay

Reaction score
It may be an issue with your play store data on your phone. You should go to Menu->Manage Apps->Play Store->Clear Data, then reboot. If that doesn't do the trick, try the same with Google Services Framework. Those actions tend to clean up issues with failed app installs.

Thanks that was logical and it worked.