Google Confirms Nexus S by Samsung

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
I moved to T-Mo G2 from VZW Droid X almost six weeks ago. I tried the Vibrant but no LED Flash and serious lag killed it for me. I even rooted and load custom ROM but still had lag.

Now this phone is tempting. I am still sitting on my Droid X and have offers of $300 for it and someone offered me $400 for my already rooted and custom rom G2. Selling both of those it more than enough to get a Unlocked model. I will have to check it out.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

etx_droid

Reaction score
Any reason why Google choose T-Mobile? Because they've supported Android since the G1? Just curious because I'd snatch this phone up with no regrets...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, HTC did a recent phone with vanilla Android, Samsung with this one...

Ok, Moto....balls in your court...here's hoping for a future Moto phone with vanilla Android again...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looking at the Nexus S site, that clip of improved copy n paste looks nice. Now it can be done in web pages and emails.

That was always a con for Android vs. other OS's.

azndan2

Reaction score
^haha.. moto doesn't care about us.

I'm very disappointed that this phone does not have significant hardware improvements over the galaxy s and that it is limited to GSM. NFC and improved rom size is nice, but I was looking more for a dual core processor, upgraded GPU, and a bigger screen size.

If the galaxy s ever gets a 2.3 update, it will be difficult to differentiate between the galaxy S and the nexus s.

powerhouselb

Reaction score
I just wish Samsung would release this phone with Verizon along with T-Mobile. I hated that the Nexus One never made it. Now Google mocks me with this phone. So unfair.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Forgive me if the answer is obvious, but if you buy the unlocked version, can you use it on Verizon? Or is it not possible since its a GSM phone?

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I love the fact that this is a pure Google phone, and will get updates QUICKLY.

I don't love the specs especially the lack of an SD CARD??? I just bought a 32 gig planning to use it with all future phones... not possible here....

I am loving my Fascinate and this phone (Nexus S) seems that it will blow it away even though the processors are similar... but I am going to wait for the Galaxy S2 that is rumored... and see how that compares first... (and not to mention that fact that the Nexus will never be a Verizon phone so I am not even going to consider it for that alone).