Google and Motorola Ordered To Hand Over Android Data to Apple

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The prices of "unlocked" phones would skyrocket. I could live with my Rezound and ICS for a good long while. I'm sure CM and some others would continue to support development. But it's such a very extreme remote possibility I'm not even going to bother.

If MS could actually get something right for a change I'd be interested to check out a WinMo experience. Exchange is still my primary need for a smartphone and even on Android it isn't as good as it could be without some hacking (exchange play nice with universal inboxes, at least as far as widgets go).

hookemlifer

Reaction score
Wondows Phone

That's exactly what would happen. Android is far and away iOS's biggest competition. You don't see too many questions on "Windows Mobile vs Android/Apple". It's always Apple vs Android. If Apple is successful in this current lawsuit, it could be devastating to any device not running iOS. I guarantee that if Android were killed off, a lot of forum members would run toward Apple. People have become dependent on their smart phone. If Apple is the only way they can get their fix, you're damn right that's where they'll go.

I personally run a Win7 OS theme on my Bionic...if this is any sign whatsoever of the look and feel of a Win7 phone then I know where id be going. Let's just hope that Android is here to stay aaaand maybe even rule!!!

pinoy_92

Reaction score
someone needs to slap apple's CEO hard... bunch of spoiled brats like their customers...

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am so dead set anti-Apple that I refuse to own anything (crab)Apple. And besides, I fan throw a rock at their damn iCrap and break it. How ironic is that?

*Edited

Irony. It's what's for dinner.

I agree entirely, I am completely against apple, I don't use ANY of their products, I've bought one ipod and that was six years ago for an ex girlfriend. I don't go into their stores nothing,

I do have an old apple II though, so I guess I am not completely anti apple, I mostly have it for nostalgia and museum purposes someday :D

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Same here. I can't stand apple. I've never owned an apple product and I never will.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'd rather go back to a dumbphone than use an Apple product.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
100% anti-apple. Never had it, never will!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This could be blocked.... not that uncommon for an idiot judge to think along these lines.... it won't happen.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

ambrown

Reaction score
Motorola is one of those companies you don't screw with. They have patents that refer simply to "radio." Not a specific type or frequency, just "radio." They need to play hardball with Apple and shut them up for good when it comes to patents.

Pat if the problem with that if there are fair trade laws in place that essentially state that industry staples, such as radio technology, can only be licensed to other companies at the same going rates as they sell to all companies. Thus makes it so they can't extort more out of competitors and stifle innovation. I know it's if that a patent system that is basically geared towards stifling innovation (otherwise Apple wouldn't be suing left and right every chance they get) would be concerned with that, but there you go.

All I can say is that this crap mashed me hate Apple for being jerks, and it makes me hate the d*mn USPTO for issuing retarded patents that are clearly too broad, and makes me loathe patent trolls that are getting obscenely wealthy off of greedy companies that are sue happy (though it doesn't take much to make me hate the trolls).

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app