Google account not syncing.

Shaneathan

Reaction score
Google stuff just randomly stopped syncing on its own the other day and I can't figure out why. I've tried removing the account, restarting, etc. Nothing seems to work. The data/cell signal is gray, and if I recall correctly, it's blue when it's connected to Google stuff. So why is it not connecting and syncing? What's wrong?

sunny757

Reaction score
Try going into applications and clearing data then try again. Happen to me last week randomly and that worked for me.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
S

Shaneathan

Reaction score
The problem has gotten worse. Even when I open the Gmail app and hit the refresh button it doesn't do anything. I'm re-flashing Gapps right now (using codename) but I don't know if it'll help. Anyone know what to do?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the past, to fix this issue, I've had to do a factory reset. Probably not what you wanted to hear.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
S

Shaneathan

Reaction score
In the past, to fix this issue, I've had to do a factory reset. Probably not what you wanted to hear.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I did a reset. Wiped data and cache 3 times, then reinstalled the ROM. Worked fine for about five minutes, now it's back to not receiving Google updates. What would you say is the next step?

skruid

Reaction score
Throwing it at the wall, and watching it smash into 100 pieces, jk.......lol
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Put Power Control Widget on your homescreen and make sure that syncing is activated (glowing and underscored). Sometimes you can have it set to sync in settings, but it's turned off in the system so it doesn't update.

OP
S

Shaneathan

Reaction score
Alright, I think the problem had to do with Titanium Backup and the new ROM version. Restoring ROM settings messed stuff up. Didn't do it on the last flash and I think it's better.