Good txting app?

jdmalec

Reaction score
Im currently using go sms pro I like it but its got some downfalls id like to try others so what are some good ones??

Sent from my Devour using DroidForums

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been using handcent since I got my d2g i've always liked it

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

OP
jdmalec

jdmalec

Reaction score
Is there alot to do with it like alot of stuff you can do to make it cool

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Handcent is very customizeable . So is chomp sms. I personally use Handcent.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
jdmalec

jdmalec

Reaction score
So I guess handcent is the best?? I've seen people talk bout it on here idk just looking for something new ill try it out now

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Well that depends who you ask really. Everyone has they're own opinions. Though i will say a majority of people do seem to use handcent on here.

OP
jdmalec

jdmalec

Reaction score
Yeah I just downloaded it. I seen it has a lot of download options for it I like how you can get diff countrys langs

OP
jdmalec

jdmalec

Reaction score
How come when I add a new contact tru handcent it only shows their number still. My existing contacts show their names so why isn't it doing it to ones I add??. I had this same prob with go sms

yana

Reaction score
Ive used handcent and liked it but it would freeze more often then i liked so now im using vzmessage and like it better...almost never freezes

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
jdmalec

jdmalec

Reaction score
Yeah I mean handcent hasn't froze on me yet but sometimes it gets slow not often though wish I could change that like I could in go sms pro

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Ive used handcent and liked it but it would freeze more often then i liked so now im using vzmessage and like it better...almost never freezes

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Can u link me to vzmessage? I didn't find it in market...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

klh_5978

Reaction score
I had handcent on my DROID 2 and LOVED IT!! I had subscribed to their service to backup/restore and was completely satisfied before I got my Bionic. Now I can still use handcent on my bionic but when I try to login to Hancent services, a msg popsup that says my account is bound to another device. And now I am not able to restore any of my messages or settings from when I had it installed on my DROID 2. I have sent numerous emails to the dev with no response. So now I am using Go SMS and I like it ok but I miss handcent. I've done all I can think of to restore messages to no avail. Any advice?

Ricardo_r21

Reaction score
I've used chomp for about 3 years now, only one did I have some issue with it, I emailed the devs, got a reply in a few mins, update was out in a few hours. I always see people here talk about handscent but I'm loyal to chomp. I really haven't had a solid answer as to why handscent is better. But if you wanna try something else, there's chomp. =)