good suggestions for a stable ICS rom on the D4?

Vertigo RT

Reaction score
Hey, guys... gonna be upgrading to a D4 tomorrow, anyone got any suggestions and opinions on a good rom? Something lightweight and with a fair amount of customization?
Thanks in advance!

OP
Vertigo RT

Vertigo RT

Reaction score
Ugh, I meant to write JB, but I'm so used to typing ICS for my D3 that I wrote it, lmao...
I'm looking for a stable Jellybean ROM!
Thanks again, lol

outsid0r

Reaction score
Ugh, I meant to write JB, but I'm so used to typing ICS for my D3 that I wrote it, lmao...
I'm looking for a stable Jellybean ROM!
Thanks again, lol
as of yet there isnt just because its all still being worked out, stable i think is there but its not at daily driver yet.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Yes, Eclipse rom is the most stable, and DroidDoesTh3ory will be posting a bunch of roms but they still may have data problems.

bofis

Reaction score
Vertigo RT said:
How about ICS? Anything good so far?
Eclipse 1.2.3 or whatever I'm running right now is amazingly fast and with better battery life than the moto roms. It is fully functional, and with lots of patches to customize in various ways (overclocking, restoring stock camera, Google Now, etc). The main reason I wanted jb over ics was Now, so I'm quite happy

moccor

Reaction score
I tried Eclipse 1.2.1 and I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I knew it couldn't be as smooth or fast as everyone says VS CM and AOKP. I often use Skype and it lagged A Lot on stock. Well, that's what Eclipse is based off of. I read how fast and smooth it was. But when it came to loading the large lists of text from Skype, it froze, lagged and even caused my phone to reboot lol. I knew it was gonna happen, but I wanted the battery life... The speed and smoothness of CM and AOKP is better than the battery life imo.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
He wants something stable and Eclipse is the most stable of them all and is faster with better battery life than stock.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Stock ICS is completely fine....though I do suggest rooting and freezing a lot of the blur to increase battery life and make the phone run smoother.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I tried Eclipse 1.2.1 and I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I knew it couldn't be as smooth or fast as everyone says VS CM and AOKP. I often use Skype and it lagged A Lot on stock. Well, that's what Eclipse is based off of. I read how fast and smooth it was. But when it came to loading the large lists of text from Skype, it froze, lagged and even caused my phone to reboot lol. I knew it was gonna happen, but I wanted the battery life... The speed and smoothness of CM and AOKP is better than the battery life imo.
1.2.1 is a dinosaur lol 1.2.3b has lots more going for it.. quadrent for 1.2.1 is around 2900... 1.2.3b with 1400 oc and speedscript have been seen close to 3500...
555553_4026621155895_1366323306_n.jpg

moccor

Reaction score
He wants something stable and Eclipse is the most stable of them all and is faster with better battery life than stock.
Well, I've been using these CM9 and AOKP ever since the 3G to 4G was fixed, I haven't had any problems. I did do a wipe when going to Eclipse, and didn't restore data with Skype either. I've never had instability. My phone does randomly reboot when it's just sitting on my desk doing nothing, but that's less than once a day lol.
1.2.1 is a dinosaur lol 1.2.3b has lots more going for it.. quadrent for 1.2.1 is around 2900... 1.2.3b with 1400 oc and speedscript have been seen close to 3500...
555553_4026621155895_1366323306_n.jpg
Nice. Though those benchmarks don't prove much :p. One reason is, mine is showing 1700 on AOKP from July 25th lol. I can't comment on Eclipse 1.2.3 though without trying it.

moccor

Reaction score
never had a reboot on mine but some ppl cant read directions...
Are you trying to say I didn't read directions? Lol... You even said, 1.2.1 was slow. And wiping data and cache isn't even needed in directions, it's common sense. So yes, I did all of that AND I didn't restore apps with data, as I already said. Sorry, but it's you that can't read, I already said I wiped everything.