Good Screen Protectors Are Coming...

KineticYellow

Reaction score
I know it's difficult to find a screen protector that doesn't interfere with the touch sensitivity and overall glide factor. However, there is a company called SGP with a product that should fit the bill.

I wrote SGP to see whether they plan to create protective films for the Droid screen and they wrote back saying:
"Thank you for contacting SGP customer service.
Yes we are currently planning to make shield/films for the motorola droid. As soon as we get it in our hands, it will be posted in our website www.sgpstore.com."

I just can't stand a film being too tacky or grippy, but SGP's Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint product is a hard coated film that should be nearly as slick as the Droid's naked glass :wink:

Anyone else have a company with a similar film that they love?

iraparks

Reaction score
phantomskinz looks perfect, do you recommend the full or just the screen. How often do you need to change the screen protector with "normal use" also is it anti glare?

ryanc2

Reaction score
You don't need to change them unless it gets damaged and they have lifetime warranty. I thimk screen only as I like the feel of the back slider an d don't feel it will scratch like iphones do.

OP
KineticYellow

KineticYellow

Reaction score
I love Phantomskinz, but dislike that they are a fingerprint magnet.

Reaction score
not sure what you mean about the stickyness. I believe it does not leave a sticky residue when you remove it.
check out the video on their website Ghost Armor | cases, screen-protectors, shields, skins, covers, armor

I from the faq:
[FONT=&quot]Does Ghost Armor leave behind a sticky residue? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No, Ghost Armor has an industry leading military grade adhesive designed to leave nothing behind[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
also check out this video: MobileBurn Cell Phone Video give you a good idea of what its like. and wait till the end of the video. the touch screen works fine.

brianr0131

Reaction score
The screen is glass no need for protectors it's nearly impossible to scratch. You protectors will only inhibit clarity.

I know, I know you are worried about fingerprints right? Wipe it on your pants.

Free solution to all of your problems. LOL

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
I have ghost armor on mine and it's great. Doesn't collect finger prints and the screen is as clear as it was with no protection. They sell and install it on your phone at Best Buy for $20.

waldo5610

Reaction score
The lens has an amazing feel to it. Why would you want to ruin it with a screen protector. Big difference between DROID and iPhone here....one wipe with a cloth or even your hand (if you wipe the oils off on your shirt) will make it virtually spotless! The only time you need to use your steamy breath on the screen is when you are using a fun application called "Steamy Window"

Kevdog2834

Reaction score
So do people like the Ghost-armor cover? It sounds like the best option out there right now and with the cost of the phone protecting it should be a concern for many.

Tumaz04

Reaction score
Invisible shield is more spendy, has more of a orange peel look to it and is thicker compared to Ghost Armor and Phantom Skinz. When I got my S1 a year ago, it was a tie between GA and PS. They are thinner material (good touch sensitivity) and your fingers will glide with eaze. They all have a orange peel look to them. But not as bad as IS does. Plus you would REALLY have to be looking for it. Otherwise it's not noticeable. In the end I went with PS cuz I heard their cut outs are more precise. I was very happy with it to say the least. Of course all 3 of these products require liquid to apply. But if I can do it on a Storm...the Droid should be no problem. AND I had the thing on for a year before taking it off. Good stuff. I highly recommend it.

jaybert

Reaction score
boxwave.com has finally posted their screen protectors (shipping 11/18/09). I can't say i've tried every brand, but i've been nothing but happy with the boxwave protectors. A bit pricey ($32.xx shipped for a pack of 3), but willing to give it a shot.