Good news on Nexus...

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Moving to the GN forum.

Reaction score
I had heard a Dec. 8 release date, but I'm questioning that now. We should have already seen a pre-order date if it was true. Maybe a Dec. 8 pre-order date?

Briankbl

Reaction score
I really don't get why this was posted...

So some guy on the internet "thinks" the Nexus will release this week. Ok? No proof, just more nonsensical speculation.

Sent using common sense.

mzjin

Reaction score
I really don't get why this was posted...

So some guy on the internet "thinks" the Nexus will release this week. Ok? No proof, just more nonsensical speculation.

Sent using common sense.

Galaxy Nexus is releasing this week, basically all confirmed across sources. Shipments received, employees getting trained, available on display in NYC, Bestbuy system, Cellbrite etc etc. Yes, it's this week.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you'd agree the Tbolt was a bit different.

We're already seeing people receive shipments, multiple stores receiving viewing models ect...

Not saying it will be this week, but if I were a betting man, I would say it's out by Friday.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
And remember how many times there was confirmed info and release information on the Thunderbolt before it finally came out.

Exactly. I'm not holding my breath for release this week.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I think you'd agree the Tbolt was a bit different.

We're already seeing people receive shipments, multiple stores receiving viewing models ect...

Not saying it will be this week, but if I were a betting man, I would say it's out by Friday.

Hope you're right. Just sayin'. And that Thunderbolt debacle wasn't that different. ;)

Honestly, I'm nervous because of the constant setbacks and adjustments. That doesn't leave me with a warm, fuzzy feeling. I'm afraid there will be issues. Like more than you would usually expect with a first release phone on a new OS. I hope I'm wrong. Just these constant adjustments don't feel good.

mzjin

Reaction score
Hope you're right. Just sayin'. And that Thunderbolt debacle wasn't that different. ;)

Honestly, I'm nervous because of the constant setbacks and adjustments. That doesn't leave me with a warm, fuzzy feeling. I'm afraid there will be issues. Like more than you would usually expect with a first release phone on a new OS. I hope I'm wrong. Just these constant adjustments don't feel good.

Issue wise, I'm guessing:

1) LTE battery life
2) LTE connectivity

Volume issue should be fixed already.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Issue wise, I'm guessing:

1) LTE battery life
2) LTE connectivity

Volume issue should be fixed already.

I think those two would be very safe bets to match my concerns. LTE is still getting bugs worked out, and that I won't attribute to the Nexus, that's across the LTE line. It's getting there, but still having some issues. And the battery life, I agree. That's a really big screen to power.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't agree about the "constant adjustments", they had the volume bug on the GSM version, which may or may not have even affected the CDMA version and that should have been fixed with 4.02-4.1.

This is a brand new phone, with a essentially a brand new OS, problems occur on every phone, I think it's a good thing to see them addressing these issues early.

If it ends up having the same LTE connectivity problems that the Razr/Rezound/Bionic have, then we'll know it's Verizon's network and not the phone's problem.

As for battery issues, it's going to suck a battery dry, we already know that. So I'd get your extra battery ready, or plan on turning off 4G when at home/office.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had a colleague with the Nexus under an NDA, so he's been filling me in quietly over the last few weeks. There's been 3 updates in the last 2 weeks, so I'm assuming those are the adjustments you're talking about, but updates are updates, they occur with every phone prior to release. I don't see those as bad things, as I said, it's Google's new OS, they're going to be updating it until the second the phones released.