good news for android? iPhone Facebook app developer rejects app store

mchoffa

Reaction score
I know this is technically iPhone news, but it's also good for us, since he is rejecting apple's approval process, which we don't have over here in android world... so, Joe Hewitt, why don't you fix the lame facebook app for android :)

Facebook App developer rejects App Store, irony ensues

i love the facebook app on my ipod touch...

J

JohnDroid

Yah wouldn't that be a cool finger to Apple, for him to do an app for Android that's even better ;)

TomN

Reaction score
That would rock. I love the iPhone app, the Android version not so much.

TheShaz

Reaction score
I hope he comes over and does work on the Android one!

I 2nd that!!!!!

That DEV put some serious time and effort into that app. Those caricatures were not exaggerated at all.

The comment from a previous post said it best....

"The iPhone is the AOL of Smart Phones"

If the iPhone APP STORE keeps this up it will become more ammunition for their competitors. Apple came out with a great device, the goofed in their selection of a cell carrier IMHO. But I do think that the competition is catching up....and fast.

I'm a Windows Mobile FANBOY - ipaq - MDA - Touch - Omnia but I had a :r_c: I saw the light. Soon many iPhone users will and those out there that need more than a standard cell phone and are looking for more.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I 2nd that!!!!!

That DEV put some serious time and effort into that app. Those caricatures were not exaggerated at all.

If the iPhone APP STORE keeps this up it will become more ammunition for their competitors. Apple came out with a great device, the goofed in their selection of a cell carrier IMHO. But I do think that the competition is catching up....and fast.

I'm a Windows Mobile FANBOY - ipaq - MDA - Touch - Omnia but I had a :r_c: I saw the light. Soon many iPhone users will and those out there that need more than a standard cell phone and are looking for more.

Well, I think that saying you're a Windows Fanboy, and why anybody would admit to that, doesn't give a lot of credence to your post.

I doubt you even go to the App Store, have you ever been there? Selection of really great apps is mind boggling.

Don't get me wrong. They have their fair share of crapware too but truthfully they blow Android away. A lot of people believe this is because the Android Market is still young and to some extent that is true.

The Android Market will do much better when Amazon takes it over. Then you will start seeing quality apps and you'll also be shelling out more dollars for them. Everybody has to make money and you can't expect the devs not to make a living.

cpjr

Reaction score

I 2nd that!!!!!

Well, I think that saying you're a Windows Fanboy, and why anybody would admit to that, doesn't give a lot of credence to your post.

I doubt you even go to the App Store, have you ever been there? Selection of really great apps is mind boggling.

Don't get me wrong. They have their fair share of crapware too but truthfully they blow Android away. A lot of people believe this is because the Android Market is still young and to some extent that is true.

The Android Market will do much better when Amazon takes it over. Then you will start seeing quality apps and you'll also be shelling out more dollars for them. Everybody has to make money and you can't expect the devs not to make a living.

+1000

And I could practically care less about facebook anyways :icon_eek:

Seriously, as much as Apple's approval process hinders things/ pisses people off....it is a large reason why the quality is what it is.