Good calendar sharing app recommendation

fishacura

Reaction score
One of the main reasons my wife and I finally got smart phones is due to our crazy calendars carting kids here and there before and after work. Is there a good application where we could both sign up and use the same calendar so updates would show for both of us? Or does anyone use google's calendar functionality as I heard that was something that could be shared.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Yes, I think that using Google Calendar is probably the best solution. I personally don't like the stock Calendar app so I use Jorte, free from the market.

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
Thanks! Do you know if Jorte allows multiple users to contribute to one shared calendar?

travisn000

Reaction score
My family uses google calendar for this purpose.. it works great, and is probably the best solution out there; just remember to take some time while at a PC to set up the calendar sharing features.. in my family, my wife, daughter, and I all have smartphones, each with our own google account, and two younger children without phones. We have it set up so that all three google accounts have 5+ calendars shared between them (we also have calendars for finances / bills), with my wife and I both having permissions to create / modify / delete on all calendars, but the kids can only modify their own. The google calendar is nice, because you can even share it with the extended family so that they can easily drop in on soccer games, etc when they have time.

Many don't like the default view of the Google calendar app on the phones... I personally find the scrolling calendar widget from the home replacement app, Launcher Pro+, one of the best. It is easy to switch between month and agenda view, and both views allow for easy visuallization of appointments; "Simple Calendar Widget" is another of my favorites (I prefer to have a full calendar view right on my homescreen so that I don't have to open an app).

I did try jorte for a brief period, but personally found it to be a little too cluttered (..although it does have more features).

travisn000

Reaction score
Thanks! Do you know if Jorte allows multiple users to contribute to one shared calendar?

If Jorte is set up to use a google calendar and the calendar is set up for sharing, then others that are invited via the google calendar setting page can contribute to the calendar per the permissions you set (this is also true of the included calendar applications on all android phones)

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Jorte is a bit confusing at first, but I've fallen in love with it.

TomSr

Reaction score
I use Calengoo. It syncs with Google Calendar and also has apps for iOS. Keeps my Droid, my and my wife's iPads and Google Calendar's synced.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
So I have a main gmail account for family email and a separate account for my phone. When I setup the mobile account from a PC I set the calendar to share with the family account. This allows me to forward any meeting requests I get at work to my phone and the mobile email address (basically my initials followed by .mobile) is easier to pass on to others at work so they can email me if I'm on the road. Also, on my phone I sync both accounts but I don't sync the mobile calendar so that I don't see dual entries.