Going on Vaca! Any recommended apps for travel?

Foreverrr

Reaction score
My family and I are headed out west for a week or so (we're from wisconsin) and I was wondering if there are and good apps on the market that would help with tourism or hotel selecting? Anything would help.

Thank you!

SGTiger

Reaction score
My family and I are headed out west for a week or so (we're from wisconsin) and I was wondering if there are and good apps on the market that would help with tourism or hotel selecting? Anything would help.

Thank you!

Places:
http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-google-android-apps-localdirectory-qm.aspx

Where:
WHERE v1.9.6 Application for Android | Travel

Tripit: (not what you asked for, but what a great travel app)
TripIt - Travel Organizer v1.0.5 Application for Android | Travel
TripIt - Travel Itinerary ? Trip Planner

Aloqa
Aloqa - Always Be A Local v2.11 Application for Android | Travel

Also while not an app, the mobile version of the tripadvisor website is excellent! I have a shortcut on one of my Droid's home screens to take me straight to that site.
http://www.tnooz.com/2010/03/23/mobile/tripadvisor-finally-unveils-mobile-version-of-website/
Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't forget books for reading. You have the Kindle app and Aldiko. The app Layar is interesting too. You had the phone up using the camera and it'll give information.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Speaking of 'camera', I HIGHLY recommend either of these two camera apps:

Camera 360 Pro
Vignette (My personal favorite)

You will surely want to take some amazing photos while you are on vaca, and if you don't have a camera, these will definitely help! There are free trials of both of these apps in the store if you want to try them out. Vignette allows for adding effects to pics you have already taken, so it is the one I use most.

Have a great vacation!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yelp's handy for checking out reviews of various businesses IMO.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Urbanspoon for locating eateries.

Rockplayer for playing movies in the car for entertainment (not for the driver!)

Trapster for seeing just how long ago and where someone saw a speed trap.

Iridium Flare Forecast for trying to see the bright reflection off of one of these satellites.

My Tracks to record any hikes, then have the data sent to Google docs and Google Maps, mymaps.

Timewarp - so just when you are running out of days you can go back to the start and not have the trip end so soon. Ok...no such app but I'd buy that one!

I like the geocaching idea. I keep meaning to give that a try.