Going from X2 to Razr Maxx HD

gotkwah

Reaction score
got a new Maxx HD today. but havent logged into my google account yet. Wanted to get ppl's opinion on using google to backup app data and auto restore it from my X2. I am thinking of disabling this as I want the "cleanest" install possible. make sense? or am i just being stupid?

also, is there a way to prevent the phone from auto installing the apps that were on my X2. my bro went from a nexus to the razr maxx today as well and all his apps suto downloaded and installed. if there is no way to prevent this, then i guess i will uninstall the apps i dont want going to the new phone from my x2 first.

TIA!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
When you setup your new phone it will ask you to sign into your Google account... after that there should be two check boxes.. one will say "restore from Google account" and the other with say "keep this phone backed up with Google." If you don't want them to auto restore uncheck the first option.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Follow cliffs advice

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

OP
G

gotkwah

Reaction score
do you think not restoring the old data is a good idea? Am i being paranoid by trying to get the "cleanest" install?

Also, my X2 was laggy and did some strange things, which is another reason i am thinking of doing this...

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I wouldn't bother restoring. It will restore the apps but not your data (unless its a Google app.) With the HD you'll be on jellybean and now apps are optimized for that operating system. Lol you aren't paranoid, but its just not worth it in my opinion. Just take note of the apps you really wanna keep and download them again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2