GO SMS LED Issue

mrredskin

Reaction score
Handcent has been slowing me down lately, so I've switched to GO SMS. It's pretty similar and faster, but I can't figure out the doggone LED. I have it set to Blink with the on set to 1000 and off set to 1 so it will (hopefully) stay on practically the whole time. Well, that definitely isn't doing anything. It blinks whenever it wants to, essentially. Is this a known issue or does anyone have a solution? Thanks,

warrior21

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my phone with both handcent and gosms, my led remains lit without blinking at all. As long as it lights up I just live with it

OP
mrredskin

mrredskin

Reaction score
I would gladly trade issues with you, then, as I want my LED to stay on! I didn't have trouble with handcent LED.

warrior21

Reaction score
Sorry, mis-read your post. Did you try one of the other settings like fast or normal?

Last edited:
OP
mrredskin

mrredskin

Reaction score
i will try those. fast is too fast. trying slow now.

Saway

Reaction score
Sorry I don't want to hijack your topic - but maybe one of you can help:

Is it possible to totally turn on any kind of LED-involvement from Go SMS. I have disabled led-settings in settings menu. But if my phone i charging (orange led is turned on) and I receive and SMS, then the LED is just turned of hence I cannot see if the phone is charging or not - or if it is fully charged (the green led).

Why does GO sms affect the LED - and is there a way to prevent it from doing it?

Thanks in advance for your help regarding this

OP
mrredskin

mrredskin

Reaction score
Sorry I don't want to hijack your topic - but maybe one of you can help:

Is it possible to totally turn on any kind of LED-involvement from Go SMS. I have disabled led-settings in settings menu. But if my phone i charging (orange led is turned on) and I receive and SMS, then the LED is just turned of hence I cannot see if the phone is charging or not - or if it is fully charged (the green led).

Why does GO sms affect the LED - and is there a way to prevent it from doing it?

Thanks in advance for your help regarding this

Did you mean to say "totally turn OFF any kind of LED..."?

Personally, I wouldn't have an LED set just to notify me if my phone is fully charged or not, but to each their own.

It just seems like the LED issue with GO is a complete failure at this point.

Saway

Reaction score
Sorry - Yes what I meant was that I do not want GO SMS to do anything LED-related. It should just leave the LED as before install of the app.

But at the moment - even if I disable LED notifications - it just turns off the LED when receiving a sms while charging (It even happens if I am answering a sms while charging).

And as I read your post this is not really possible to change?