Go FROYO - Source Released

Retribution

Reaction score
does this mean we can maunally install? nobody really answered the question yet?

the answer is no,, the froyo source is open but motorola needs to code it to work with the hardware in the droid which is why it takes time to get to the ota state. I am sure the awesome devs like jrummy and cyanogen will have something rooted people can enjoy soon enough though whoo.dancedroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
On Engadget I thought I saw a comment from Senjay saying that the X and original Droid would both get Froyo at the same time.

well that's not great news :icon_eek:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
unrooted people can install it, but then you're rooted... so there is no 2.2 "force upgrade" file yet, basically

Retribution

Reaction score
does this mean the non-rooted Droids can get 2.2 soon?

Non rooted droids can already have 2.2

how can this be true?

Its not really, I guess, the leaked version of 2.2 google publicly said isnt a final release, but currently a version of 2.2 is floating around, jrummy made a rom from it. I assume what was announced today is the official final release, any difference between what is announced today and whats already been leaked is unknown to me

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Waiting for TC to get a hold of this.. who will be first to push out rom on the source??

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great news. Wish I wasn't at work or I would be syncing right now. Just getting the right proprietary files and hopefully not getting too many errors compiling and I can get a stock build hopefully soon.

Skull One

Reaction score
Waiting for TC to get a hold of this.. who will be first to push out rom on the source??

Only a few people can push a ROM out in less than 24 hours.

Cyanogen, Koush, and ChevyNo1 would be my first picks.

Team Chaos, Pl3x, and CVSP probably needs 48 hours.

Peter and Blackdroid have to wait till someone pushes a ROM for them to reroll and theme.

neonerz

Reaction score
Let me add to my other post and say I can't wait to see what jrummy can do too, I've been running Kangerade since he released it, and its been rock solid.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Only a few people can push a ROM out in less than 24 hours.

Cyanogen, Koush, and ChevyNo1 would be my first picks.

Team Chaos, Pl3x, and CVSP probably needs 48 hours.

Peter and Blackdroid have to wait till someone pushes a ROM for them to reroll and theme.

that was my thought almost exactly but i thought TC would be in the 24hr catagory