GNEX & reception problems, who's taking there phone back?

B

budmonster

My first 4G phone and I'm starting to wonder if I made a big mistake with this phone. Only 2 bar on 3G and 4G, I'm in Pittsburgh, supposedly a good area for both. I'm only getting aroud 8-11mbps download and around 1-5mbps upload. That can't be normal LTE speeds? I've heard the Rezound is lighting it up? I believe I have 14 days to return my phone, right? Going to check out a VZW store and see what the Rezound is like, 4G speed and all.

Anyone else debating on what to do?

x25064

Reaction score
If you enjoy lots of lag, the rezound is right up your alley. My signal is intermittent. If I am at home I get horrid signal on all counts, if I'm out and about I average 2-3 bars of 4g anywhere I go.

I'd say at least wait til Jan 15th, I mean, why not?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you enjoy lots of lag, the rezound is right up your alley. My signal is intermittent. If I am at home I get horrid signal on all counts, if I'm out and about I average 2-3 bars of 4g anywhere I go.

This is my deal as well. Pretty strong signal everywhere outside of my home (which has never been a problem on previous phones). That said, no way am I taking this bad boy back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

shanimal92

Reaction score
yup, outside my house (when i notice it) the signal is pretty good. I think i remember getting full 4g in the middle of Walmart... just not the middle of my house. but we still have 3 weeks to return it. just hopefully i dont get a scratch on it :p:happy3:

blackngray70

Reaction score

I'm not sure where you people are coming up with this lag crap on the Rezound I have no lag.

And as far as signal I live in a rural area of Savannah Ga and I have a full signal all the time.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you people are coming up with this lag crap on the Rezound I have no lag.

And as far as signal I live in a rural area of Savannah Ga and I have a full signal all the time.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Im going to agree with you. When i had the rezound it was a great phone not much lag to speak of(I had it for a month, so i had pleanty of time with it). Plus i had a GREAT signal with it all of the time....not like this crap im getting from the G-nex. Once the rezound gets S-off it will be easily right up there with the G-Nex. They are both great phones.

x25064

Reaction score
Several reviews including phone dog have mentioned the rezounds less than stellar performance. Playing with one myself it was pretty awful.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Several reviews including phone dog have mentioned the rezounds less than stellar performance. Playing with one myself it was pretty awful.

Awful in what way? The ones I've played were super fast. The only lag was when I installed a live wall paper.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

x25064

Reaction score
Just scrolling a home screen was as choppy as stock gingerbread on my D1.

big al

Reaction score
My first 4G phone and I'm starting to wonder if I made a big mistake with this phone. Only 2 bar on 3G and 4G, I'm in Pittsburgh, supposedly a good area for both. I'm only getting aroud 8-11mbps download and around 1-5mbps upload. That can't be normal LTE speeds? I've heard the Rezound is lighting it up? I believe I have 14 days to return my phone, right? Going to check out a VZW store and see what the Rezound is like, 4G speed and all.

Anyone else debating on what to do?

check your receipt..i think if you bought between 11-15 and 12-25 you have till jan 15 to decide

Xquisite

Reaction score
Already took it back for the Rezound. One of the best choices of my life, phone wise.

:)

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i had one bar on my signal indicator in my house.. was on a call for about 45 min, no drop call.. and can get 10mbps down.. whats the problem with only having 1 or 2 bars? i had no bars and was able to browse the web.. there has been one time where i was trying to google something and had trouble.. im coming from a Tbolt.. one time since the launch is not that big of a deal.. the whole signal indicator thing is blown out of proportion.