GN - Phone Exchange

bdtedder

Reaction score
Got a GN on launch day and haven't really had any problems until this week. Started getting severe data drop, so I called VZW tech support. (ie. loose all signal and bars bounce from blue to grey constantly). The first rep. told me to turn wifi off and it would fix my problems.... Of course that didn't do anything. Second call in yesterday and case was elevated to level 2 tech. Rep confirmed no network issues in the area and said since it was happening in multiple places it must be the phone. Rep indicated VZW will overnight a replacement. Received alternate phone today.

Questions: it is a certified like new replacement. Is it better to keep the replacement or my original phone?

the original phone has a code 11.11 under the battery. Replacement has 11.12. Is there a new batch of phones released?

Found it interesting that the rep was so quick to offer a replacement phone, but she indicated there were no known issues with this phone..... interesting!

Reaction score
you should take your phone to the vzw store and exchange it for a brand new one. the return date has been extended to january 15th. i bought mine on launch date too and just exchanged it yesterday at the vzw store. :D

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You have 30 days to exchange your phone for a new one at a Verizon store. Just did it myself the other night, there was what appeared to be a crack in the underside of the screen. Could only see it at a 45 degree angle in natural light.

Reaction score
You have 30 days to exchange your phone for a new one at a Verizon store. Just did it myself the other night, there was what appeared to be a crack in the underside of the screen. Could only see it at a 45 degree angle in natural light.

nope. you have from dec 15th to jan 15th to return/exchange-not 30 days. if you bought it yesterday, you have 14 days as usual to return it.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Not if you're exchanging a defective device for the same device. Then 30 days for a new phone out of a new box.

OP
B

bdtedder

Reaction score
Those that got new phones what is the number above the IMEI. As mentioned, mine changed from 11.11 to 11.12. Just wondering if there was a difference.

Reaction score
Not if you're exchanging a defective device for the same device. Then 30 days for a new phone out of a new box.

uhhh nope. 30 days has never been a policy with verizon, save for the current holiday promo.

after the 14day window-you call for a warranty refurb.

OP
B

bdtedder

Reaction score
Thanks, but I didn't update the PRL, it is a new device with some type of different ID number in it I suppose. Didn't know if was a second generation now or something else.

catfisher

Reaction score
Stupid iFruit ruined everything...

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

TeeX

Reaction score
Got a GN on launch day and haven't really had any problems until this week. Started getting severe data drop, so I called VZW tech support. (ie. loose all signal and bars bounce from blue to grey constantly). The first rep. told me to turn wifi off and it would fix my problems.... Of course that didn't do anything. Second call in yesterday and case was elevated to level 2 tech. Rep confirmed no network issues in the area and said since it was happening in multiple places it must be the phone. Rep indicated VZW will overnight a replacement. Received alternate phone today.

Questions: it is a certified like new replacement. Is it better to keep the replacement or my original phone?

the original phone has a code 11.11 under the battery. Replacement has 11.12. Is there a new batch of phones released?

Found it interesting that the rep was so quick to offer a replacement phone, but she indicated there were no known issues with this phone..... interesting!

wow.
It's as if _I_ wrote this post! I had this exact situation! I bought my Nexus on release day, and had no difficulties or issues, until about a week ago. Severe and constant data drops just like what you described. Getting data/dropping data non-stop. What made it more frustrating is my friend/coworker would be sitting next to me with his phone having a perfect and strong data connection, so I know it wasn't a network or tower issue.

After several calls to VZW, then getting bumped to "Next Level Support" (so we don't get the good support initially??), they replaced my Nexus.

So far, all is good with my new phone.

By the way, the reps said that since I was in the 30 days, it's considered the "Worry-Free Guarantee" replacement window. He also said that since these are brand new phones, there really aren't any "like new" or refurbished phones to even send out. They sent me a brand-spankin-new phone. I"m sure yours is a brand new phone also.

Edit:
out of curiosity, I pulled my battery and looked- my phone also says "11.12". I have no idea what my first, original phone was.

TeeX

Reaction score
just an additional comment:

It seems incredibly odd that things were perfect with our original phones for so long, then all-of-a-sudden this issue happened. Anybody have any theories?

(I'm not rooted and haven't made any system changes to my phone)

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
uhhh nope. 30 days has never been a policy with verizon, save for the current holiday promo.

after the 14day window-you call for a warranty refurb.

You have 14 days to:
1) Return the phone for a refund less $35.00 re-stocking fee
2) Exchange your current model for a different model plus $35.00 re-stocking fee

You have 30 days to exchange your device for the same device, if there is a factory defect.