gmails not arriving on droid

mikec557

Reaction score
I did read another thread (from April 2010) that never revealed a resolution. That said my droid is now not notifying me when I get a gmail to either of my two gmail accounts. Have had the phone for about 3months. Until yesterday, I would get a droid sound about one minute after someone sent an email to either of my two gmail addresses. Now, nothing. If I go to setting in the default gmail reader on the Motorola Droid and hit sync, they arrive. If I go into the the setting for the phone over all (settings from the desktop of the droid) and uncheck and recheck sync, they arrive to my phone. But other than that it does not seem there is anything else I can select to solve the problem. Anybody have any ideas? Any chance its simply a slow down on the "push" from the gmail server? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Joker

Reaction score
Don't know if this will solve your issue, but it worked for me once when it seemed Gmail would not retreive email that were already there previously
Menu>settings>applications>manage applications>Menu>filter>All
Find Gmail and select. Then clear data and clear cache
Return to home screen make sure that auto-sync is turned on
Test and send yourself or have someone send you an email. (cross fingers and pray)

Another thought is whether you run a task killer type app, just make sure you don't kill off needed apps for gmail to get your mail in the background.

OP
M

mikec557

Reaction score
thanks

Thanks. I gave that a try and it seems to be back to normal. Interesting info in that area of the system. I may have to poke around and see what else is in there.

Thanks again