Gmail Sync Consistancy...

JobeNole44

Reaction score
Hey all, new Droid owner here. Upgraded from a Storm 1 3 days ago. Love the Droid, just have one problem... I have my Gmail account set up using the Gmail, not email, app on the phone. Worked great at first, but now syncing is inconsistant. Sometimes I get emails on the Droid inbox as soon as they arrive in the Gmail inbox on my PC. Sometimes I get them later, and sometimes not at all. The confusing part is I always get them immediately on my phone in the "All Mail" label. I am just wondering why the email gets immediately pushed to the "all mail" label in the phone, but doesn't always get pushed to the Inbox label in the phone? I was also wondering if I should go to Verizon and get a new phone, even though it seems like a Gmail problem and not a Droid or Verizon problem. I have seen a few threads concerning this very thing, but they are older and no solutions were found. A few other bits of info: I do not have ATK, an I have sync on. Anyone else who has/had this problem, what did you do?

myriad46

Reaction score
I would go into the sync settings and check them, on the phone. Also, try deleting the account and reconnected to the gmail server. Do you have any mail filters in your gmail (web) account that could be redirecting email?

OP
J

JobeNole44

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I have no filters and my sync settings are good. I have done a factory-reset and it works perfectly for a little bit, but then it goes back to being inconsistant. I was hoping to get some solutions, i.e. go to Verizon and get a new phone or this is normal, as all of the other threads on this subject end on someone saying "I also have this problem, can someone help..." lol. It seems like a Gmail problem, but I could be wrong.

Ivan

Reaction score
Same problem here. I'm hesitant to remove my account and then re-add it since it sounds like that wont make a difference after a few days. I have un-checked the sync and re-checked it then rebooted. This only fixed it for about a day.

Any answers?

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
I too have the same sync issues I moved from the bb storm, to the Droid. That by far has been the only single draw back.I loved how the bb system works for email but along came huge problems in other areas. I have just Bern pressing the sync button on the account and check every few hours. Sometimes it says sync failed And others I get bout 30 new emails! My current issue is that one of my Gmail accounts has a new email alert and I open up the account and there is no new messages!! Really annoying but email being the only real issue for this phone is definitely worth it compared to the problems i had with the storm.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Over the past week or so, I too have had issues with Gmail. I've had a Droid since the day it was released and it did not used to be a problem, so I am hoping this is something that can easily be fixed with another update.

bmd2k1

Reaction score
having gmail inbox issues with my droid starting late last nite......opened a thread elsewhere on this....

are you getting new mail to show up in inbox on droid ??

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
I have gone thru the settings to notify me of new emails and it seems to be stuck saying I have a new email and I click the account and there isn't one there? I hit the sync/refresh and nothing pops up? The weired thing is I get instantaneous notification when I get a reply to threads on the forums? I don't have any filters activated either. I'm pretty smartphone savvy just don't get the email thing.

I had the samsung i700, i730, i760, bb pearl, tour, storm, now the moto droid. Kinda hooked on smart phones I guess.