Gmail Synch

Highlord_Fox

Reaction score
Hey, I'm having an issue with my gmail synch. I have a new Droid 4, running stock, and my phone doesn't update when I mark items as read via gmail webmail on my PC. I'm using gmail through whatever the normal route is, ie: Messaging and then the GMail icon. I've checked most of the mail settings, and it says that gmail must use Data Push? This worked perfectly fine on my old WinMo 6.5 phone, so any help would be appreciated.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Don't use Messaging.....just use the Gmail app that is in your app drawer. Not really any mail settings you have to do for it.....just configurations for font size, signature, etc...

I can have an email open on my phone and be typing an email reply on my PC (web gmail) and it will show up on my phone (slightly delayed) as I'm typing it.

OP
Highlord_Fox

Highlord_Fox

Reaction score
Damn. You're right, the GMail app works fine. I was hoping to use the Messaging app, as it saves me the trouble of having FB, text, and Gmail icons on my screen. This just decidedly made the phone less functional to use.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to have to play around with this thing some more now. -Sigh.-

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Don't use Messaging.....just use the Gmail app that is in your app drawer. Not really any mail settings you have to do for it.....just configurations for font size, signature, etc...

I can have an email open on my phone and be typing an email reply on my PC (web gmail) and it will show up on my phone (slightly delayed) as I'm typing it.

Wow, this is a very interesting piece of information. I'm going to give it a test as well. Thanks! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.