Gmail stopped Syncing?

Shaneathan

Reaction score
Has anyone had the problem where Gmail stops syncing? Other stuff syncs, but Gmail won't sync unless I open it. I've checked to be sure the accounts and what not were checked to do so.

Last edited:

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
I haven't run into this problem before.

Try clearing cache and/or data for the Gmail app and reboot, re-enter your account info.

OP
S

Shaneathan

Reaction score
It was an issue whenever I used TiBu to import system settings between different versions of the ROM. I stopped importing system settings and it was fine.

eastephens

Reaction score
I too have noticed that Gmail and other apps would not sync unless I manually sync from Settings/Accounts.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

oid

Reaction score
I have been getting the error "sync is currently experiencing problems it will be back shortly" for several days now. Aside from the usual "you need to hard reset the phone", the VZW "tech support" drone said he had never heard of that but now that I mentioned it, he looked and there was some internal reference to a recent problem that had not been resolved yet (oh, really?) but thats all he had. If you send an email from gmail on the phone to your gmail address and you receive it on your PC, that means gmail on the phone is functioning correctly and the problem is gmail's. Or so he said.

Last edited:

bhawks

Reaction score
Ok I am having this problem. Everything was working fine then i flashed AOKP milestone 5, the latest gapps, and franco's m3 kernel. Now my gmail wont sync and i have to open it manually and press refresh. Also it appears like facebook messenger notifications aren't coming up in the notification bar like they used to. Could this have something to do with the way i restored everything with titanium backup? Its frustrating because everything else about this setup is great and I love the rom

madmal

Reaction score
Ok I am having this problem. Everything was working fine then i flashed AOKP milestone 5, the latest gapps, and franco's m3 kernel. Now my gmail wont sync and i have to open it manually and press refresh. Also it appears like facebook messenger notifications aren't coming up in the notification bar like they used to. Could this have something to do with the way i restored everything with titanium backup? Its frustrating because everything else about this setup is great and I love the rom

I bump into a same problem after flashing AOKP Milestone 5, my gmail won't synchronised no more.

bhawks

Reaction score
madmal said:
I bump into a same problem after flashing AOKP Milestone 5, my gmail won't synchronised no more.

I ended up solving the problem but I'm not exactly sure how. At first clearing the cache of gmail fixed it but then every time I would reboot I would have to clear the cache again

So I reflashed AOKP and instead of using titanium backup to restore, I just restored manually. Then when I first tested gmail it still wasn't pushing emails. Wiped cache again and now it works...not sure what was causing the problem or how I fixed it

madmal

Reaction score
I ended up solving the problem but I'm not exactly sure how. At first clearing the cache of gmail fixed it but then every time I would reboot I would have to clear the cache again

So I reflashed AOKP and instead of using titanium backup to restore, I just restored manually. Then when I first tested gmail it still wasn't pushing emails. Wiped cache again and now it works...not sure what was causing the problem or how I fixed it

Okeh, I did clearing cache at Apps settings>Gmail, but no luck.

By the way, I noticed Gmail Apps won't show up at Settings>Account & sync

admmck

Reaction score
Two phones stopped syncing at same time...

On the 12th (at least on my Razr Maxx) my phone and my wife's Droid X stopped receiving pushed emails to our Gmail accounts on our phones. I was able to uncheck and recheck the data and background options on mine and it worked for about two days. Then it stopped again. I have to manually refresh to receive emails on both phones. Nothing has helped her phone though. I've tried clearing the cache and unchecking the data and background data and rebooting, etc. Nothing seems to work. Going on 10 days with pushed email!!

leegyrl

Reaction score
My email stopped syncing automatically quite some time ago, so I have been doing it via Settings/Accounts; however, I am now getting the "sync is currently experiencing problems it will be back shortly" message whenever I try to sync that way. I sure hope that gmail will come up with a fix very soon.