Gmail push question (problem?)

46hemi

Reaction score
Have a question. I am coming from a Berry.

I have the Gmail account set up but the emails are very delayed. On my berry I would get all Gmails almost instantly. Dont want to go start changing settings on the phone that will kill my battery.

Like most have said the phone is very nice. The screen is way nicer than the Evo and on LTE it is very fast.

So far the battery seems like a big issue (for me). I work in 4g area and live in 3g. I am going to give it a few days to settle before making any real determinations.

Any help appreciated.

Jizzle_TB_L0ud420

Reaction score
im kinda having the simiiliar problem...seem like my emails and fb notif were instant on the DX and BBstorm...this one sync options say every hour or so forth...but I don't want to over drain my batt as well...but It seems like if you get a important message...or you are waiting for one you may have to hit the sync button to refresh....I rather them come in instantly....

OP

46hemi

Reaction score
What should the settings be? I think the way its set now I only get mails when I manually refresh.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

ANGERisMYgift

Reaction score
If u use the gmail app I believe it it set up to push automatically, of u use the email app like I'm doing then u need to set up your sync preference. Mine is set up so that during non peak times (8 pm-8 am) I have to manually sync , during peak times it will sync every 15 minutes... I may switch back to gmail app notifications so I can get them instantly but I like the no email thing between 8 and 8.

ThunderBolt- non rooted (for now)

OP

46hemi

Reaction score
yeah something is wacky. I am using the gmail app, the inbox says I have messages you click it you cant see them. ugh. I guess you cant delete the account and readd it without resetting the fon to fac defaults.

jawa6969

Reaction score
Something seems off here too with Gmail. It seems everything is OK except there is a delay on the messages getting pushed to the device. I can manually refresh no problem. Hmmmm....

OP

46hemi

Reaction score
if you leave sync on it seems to wok better but that is destroying my battery

jawa6969

Reaction score
Rebooted the phone and now I am getting my gmails almost instantly. I will note that last night I ran the battery down to dead. In the power settings it is by default to kill all data when the battery reaches 15%. I had to manually go in and turn on sync after the battery is recharged. Not sure if this is playing a part of the issues.

OP

46hemi

Reaction score
Rebooted the phone and now I am getting my gmails almost instantly. I will note that last night I ran the battery down to dead. In the power settings it is by default to kill all data when the battery reaches 15%. I had to manually go in and turn on sync after the battery is recharged. Not sure if this is playing a part of the issues.

but why do I need to have sync on if I have push email? I did not have snc set up on my berry and I got gmails instantly.

genebopp

Reaction score
I accidentally had 2 gmail accounts for a while yesterday. I had one that didn't do "push" so it is was running and checking every 15 minutes and the other that was doing "push". It wasn't till I didn't I had an unread email long enough to get both notifications that I realized. I deleted the Gmail account that was on the home page when the phone came out of the box. Now I have "push" perfectly. PS. I have had an android phone for 12 hours, you have been warned... :)

OP

46hemi

Reaction score
Gene. You may be onto something. Maybe my problem started when I tried to add my Google apps account. I have deleted it since but but still ng. I reset the phone but still have the same issue. Maybe its something on the Google side now.

Do you have sync enabled or disabled?

genebopp

Reaction score
I really don't know if know if i have sync enabled. My mail does sync like "push\imap" and my calender does sync with my goggle calendar. If you tell me where you want me to look I will report the results. The Gmail Icon that works perfect is has a red "M" that kinda looks like the "M" on the hood of speed racers car. Hope that helps.

OP

46hemi

Reaction score
Menu-settings-accounts and sync
Is auto sync ticked?