GMail Push Delays

OP
Sprank1

Sprank1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info - I will take a look at that.

As far as the push goes ...
some emails seems to come in right away and others are taking a long time today (10 minutes or more).

Hopefully, whatever the issues are they will be resolved soon.

OP
Sprank1

Sprank1

Reaction score
so far I have some still sitting in my inbox but not showing up on the Droid for about 30 minutes :mad:

That doesn't make me very happy.

OP
Sprank1

Sprank1

Reaction score
hmm ... interesting ...

I got the notification that you had posted in here almost immediately on my Droid .. even before my computer got it.

And right before that I got all three emails that were sitting in the inbox for various times (from 10 to 30 minutes) - but all got pushed at the same time.

Seems like they are turning the push "on and off" or something. Maybe has something to do with whatever problems that App Status Dashboard indicates.

I don't notice it on Voice since I rarely get anything sent to that anyway.

subsynth

Reaction score
I use Voice for Txting (don't have unlimited txting with my carrier, this is my workaround)

I noticed a delay on receiving some SMS, but most recently it came instantly.

Sent a third test email for push notifications 3 minutes and counting...

ETA
as soon as I hit post I got my push. 3 minutes down from 20+ in the last test.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not syncing at all. I guess it's been like this all afternoon, I'm not getting any emails unless I manually sync.:mad:

taypotts

Reaction score
Same thing as bill here Google says its affecting. 009% of the users

hanzie

Reaction score
ive had this problem all day, no gmail unless i manually refresh.. what a pain. im hoping this isnt a 2.1 bug

mantis5

Reaction score
It's not a 2.1 bug, I've been running 2.1 for a week with no gmail issues. It's a Google server issue.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting email but its delayed. I did a battery pull, don't know if it helped or not.

hanzie

Reaction score
i did a battery pull. then emailed myself, it pushed imminently.... with a few minutes i was back to not getting it again

Womp

Reaction score
I'm having problems email pics from my Gallery. They sit in my outbox or eventually send without the attached pic received.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gmail is occasionally incompetent. So, any must-have emails must be directed to [email protected] for $0.20 each. I've come to this conclusion after being burned at least 3 times by gmail service on the droid over the last several months Don't depend on free email on the Droid!!! :eek:hmy:

Don't feel like I'm attacking you, OK? Doing a battery pull is basically BS. Rebooting does the exact same thing in 99% of the cases, right?

Riley

Reaction score
Yup mine just started doing it today. I just sent myself a few tests from my work email. Been about 4 minutes until it shows up. It used to be instant. Hmmmmm.