Gmail notification ringtone

nkoss

Reaction score
I am using Gmail as my mail client on the Bionic. I like the fact that I get a notification in the status bar when new email comes in, but how do I get rid of the sound? I like to keep the sound for a text message arrival, but NOT for email. Is there a way to do that?

lewwill

Reaction score
I am using Gmail as my mail client on the Bionic. I like the fact that I get a notification in the status bar when new email comes in, but how do I get rid of the sound? I like to keep the sound for a text message arrival, but NOT for email. Is there a way to do that?
Open Gmail, menu hard button, label settings, under "notifications" tap "Sound" and select "Silent", second down in the list. HTH
Lew:blink:

OP
N

nkoss

Reaction score
Open Gmail, menu hard button, label settings, under "notifications" tap "Sound" and select "Silent", second down in the list. HTH
Lew:blink:

Thank you, but we must have different gmail apps. I open Gmail and then the menu button (when you say "menu hard", I assume you mean the builtin button on the lower left). There is NO label "settings". I can click 'more' and then there is a 'settings' which shows a 'general preferences', AHA! There is also an 'account settings' with my account listed. I click the account and the bottom choice is 'labels to notify'. Click that, then 'inbox' and the setting is there. WOW....not exactly straightforward, but thanks for getting me on track:)

lewwill

Reaction score
Thank you, but we must have different gmail apps. I open Gmail and then the menu button (when you say "menu hard", I assume you mean the builtin button on the lower left). There is NO label "settings". I can click 'more' and then there is a 'settings' which shows a 'general preferences', AHA! There is also an 'account settings' with my account listed. I click the account and the bottom choice is 'labels to notify'. Click that, then 'inbox' and the setting is there. WOW....not exactly straightforward, but thanks for getting me on track:)
Glad you found it. I am using the stock Gmail and the menu button gives me Label Settings, Settings, Send Feedback, and Help. Glad you found it though.
Lew