Gmail not sending

DanDroidX

Reaction score
My gmail isn't sending my emails and they just hang in the outbox. All my labels are set to sync as google suggested as a fix. Also, when I delete emails they come back. I'm running LithiumMod FRG01B with the FRG01B gapps. If there is maybe a way to flash an older gmail version that would be ok.

Sent from my Droid using an internal neurocellular processing unit

annpharmd

Reaction score
emails stuck in my outbox

Hi,
I use Charter to send my emails. I don't use GMAIL and wondered why they told me to download it when I got the Droid.
Can someone tell me why?

Also, My emails are getting stuck in my outbox though inbound works just fine. I hear this happens with gmail as well so I take it that it is bug in the phone? Perhaps a setting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
What did they tell you to download?

I don't think that the problem with the Gmail app is the same problem in the stock Email app.

Do not use the stock Email app. It is very buggy. Use any alternative you can find.

annpharmd

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the response!

They told me to sign up for GMAIL. Well, I use my charter email. I really dont want to have two email accts.

If the stock email application doesn't work, then not sure the DROID is for me!

I have also rerouted my work email to the phone. Right now, that outbox seems to be working. Perhaps it is because it a different application. "Corporate sync"

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, OK. Yes, a lot of people use gmail.com to check their other accounts.

I was disappointed that the Email app sucks, but luckily there are alternatives available in the market.

cuddles11a

Reaction score
my gmail will not send any emails. it will on my comp but not on my phone. i receive emails after i sync it but they wont send help anyone??? thanks bunches

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
usually it;'s fixed by clearing cache and data.

Home>settings>applications>manage applications>all

Find Gmail, click on it, and click the clear cache and clear data. It will resync and should work

cuddles11a

Reaction score
thanks bunches a friend found the response in another thread too :) thanks for the help