Gmail move option?

CapsFan

Reaction score
Seems there's a missing option in Gmail to move an email to folder like in iPhone. The only way I could do this by using change labels option. Also is there a way to delete a message in threaded email?

J

JohnDroid

Seems there's a missing option in Gmail to move an email to folder like in iPhone. The only way I could do this by using change labels option. Also is there a way to delete a message in threaded email?

Gmail doesn't use folders per say, they use Labels. They are one in the same for the most part.

rosedith

Reaction score
I've been trying to tell my husband -- labels equal folders and folders equal labels. There is no difference except in your head. The little bit of code doesn't get "moved", it gets a label that shows what "folder" it is in.

Stigy

Reaction score
The hardest part of GMail to get used to for me was Archiving emails instead of deleting emails. I archive MOST of my emails instead of deleting them so that my Inbox stays clear and I can always search back for previous emails.

I have setup so many rules to apply labels that I barely have to do any organizing of my email since my rules do it for me.

OP
CapsFan

CapsFan

Reaction score
Well, gmail has "move to" option in desktop browser but not in Droid. I prefer to use this option than using change labels. It is a hassle to uncheck inbox and check another label.