gmail issue

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am running sapphire 1.0 with the new gapps and my gmail will not send email from my phone. I can receive emails, but when I try to send them they stay in the outbox. anyone else have this issue and anyone know how to fix it?

GeLopez

Reaction score
I sent lots of emails yesterday, everything seem fine. A little slow but fine.

Sapphire 1.0

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I am running sapphire 1.0 with the new gapps and my gmail will not send email from my phone. I can receive emails, but when I try to send them they stay in the outbox. anyone else have this issue and anyone know how to fix it?

Try this: go into settings > applications > manage apps > select all > scroll down to Gmail and then select Clear data.

I've had this problem before and that cures it every time for me.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Try this: go into settings > applications > manage apps > select all > scroll down to Gmail and then select Clear data.

Yank is right, this is the fix, after clearing data, let gmail resync

OP
M

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Yank is right, this is the fix, after clearing data, let gmail resync

Yep, that fixed it. thank you :)

bassman1547

Reaction score
THemes stopped gmail

When I try and theme my gmail no longer connects or even comes up. Just a force close option. Any suggestions?

dwagner88

Reaction score
Well, I will add to this with a different gmail issue. My unread count is way wrong. It says I have 5 unread emails, when in fact there isn't any email in my inbox at all. I just cleared data, and it seems to have fixed the problem.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
When I try and theme my gmail no longer connects or even comes up. Just a force close option. Any suggestions?

What theme? I have the Watermark'D theme installed and have not had an issue.
Did you look are the thread of the theme you installed? It sounds like it's a theme issue not a ROM issue.

OP
M

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

did you try reflashing just the google apps after you flash your theme?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Usually I've seen that clearing "Google storage" data is the fix, so you might want to try that too.