Gmail email does not auto sync

AngelCTMH

Reaction score
It's driving me crazy, my yahoo and texts come through with no problem but not the gmail. I have looked through settings it seems to be ok.

I can get gmail to refresh to get email but it nevers does it on its own.

Jenaht

Reaction score
What phone are you using? If you look under a Accounts SETTINGS th hen sync....google sync..you might be able to see the google programs to turn on got syncing.

Sent from my Stock Fascinate using DroidForums App

OP
A

AngelCTMH

Reaction score
Oh I have the droid 2 global- thanks

I looked under ACCOUNTS

listed are

Phone back up
facebook
gmail
twitter
yahoo

and the yahoo comes in automatically.

Now on my home page under "messaging" ( where you can check all incoming messages) text , facebook, and yahoo come up but NOT gmail...??

Jenaht

Reaction score
My mistake. Didn't realize in the droid 2 forum!

Under the gmail, can you trap menu then see settings or anything that gives you options to change syncs

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try going to Manage Applications/all/gmail/clear data. It will take the gmail app a bit to get going again. Then just follow the instructions on the screen.

biknut1

Reaction score
Gmail & Messages

Now on my home page under "messaging" ( where you can check all incoming messages) text , facebook, and yahoo come up but NOT gmail...??

You aren't EVER going to see Gmail messages come up in the messaging icon. I don't know why that is. Mine did that when it was new, so I asked the guy at the Verizon store- he said it won't ever happen. Not unless someone on here has done some kind of marvelous hack..........

Weird, yes. But that's all I can give you!

Jenaht

Reaction score

You aren't EVER going to see Gmail messages come up in the messaging icon. I don't know why that is. Mine did that when it was new, so I asked the guy at the Verizon store- he said it won't ever happen. Not unless someone on here has done some kind of marvelous hack..........

Weird, yes. But that's all I can give you!

Actually if you use LauncherPro you can see gmail message indicator on the icon in your dock. It's a great app.

biknut1

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]Actually if you use LauncherPro you can see gmail message indicator on the icon in your dock. It's a great app. [/QUOTE]

I will have to give that a try. I was speaking of a stock phone, of course, when I said that gmail in the messaging icon wasn't available- sorry to not clarify!

Jenaht

Reaction score
Actually if you use LauncherPro you can see gmail message indicator on the icon in your dock. It's a great app. [/QUOTE]

I will have to give that a try. I was speaking of a stock phone, of course, when I said that gmail in the messaging icon wasn't available- sorry to not clarify![/QUOTE]

My phone is stock. No

Jenaht

Reaction score
My phone is stock. No rooting here. You can download it and use without. Helpful to also download the app Home switcher so you can go back and forth and set default etc.
I don't know enough to root!

OP
A

AngelCTMH

Reaction score
Thanks I will try a few of these tips and lot you know!!! :)