Gmail + Droid

Salorian

Reaction score
Hello,

Currently, when a new mail is arrived in my inbox on my Droid, I receive a notification as well as audible/vibrating alerts. However, if an email I have filtered to skip the inbox, send to a label and never send to spam arrives, I never get any notifications on the Droid.

What changes would I need to make for it to send notification of an email being received, regardless of filter? Would like to try and avoid sending it all to my inbox!

Let's say I have Cox account coming to my Gmail account. When it arrives, it archives it, skips the inbox and applies the label "Cox". When I receive the email, Gmail does everything it needs to but, I never get any notification on the device.

I can only receive notifications from emails that go directly to my inbox.
progress.gif

Trip

Reaction score
I have the same problem, I have 3 accounts that I move to various inboxes and then skip the inbox to archive them and I don't get notifications.

Until I can come up with something better I guess I'll just have to let them come into my regular inbox and clean it out every day.:icon_ nono2:

Stigy

Reaction score
GMail on the Android device needs the email to be in the inbox to notify you.

If it skips the inbox, AFAIK there is no way for the device to notify you since its already gone and archived.

Why not just apply two separate filters, one that does labeling and one that does archiving and just do "Apply filter to previous messages" on each archiving filter every night or every other night?

Trip

Reaction score
Thats probably what we will have to do.

I guess the problem is that GMail doesn't REALLY have seperate inboxes (which is what I want), we're just labeling our mail and putting shortcuts to it in some fancy display area. Google needs to update GMail. :dry:

Stigy

Reaction score
Honestly I used to say that, but I think labels are 10x better than folders because you can apply multiple labels to a certain email and gives you more options with regards to sorting.

You can also sync certain labels to the Droid if you want.

JimJ

Reaction score
Archiving email

(First timer) -- What happens to my email (gmail?) when I hit the "archive" button? I assume that it is stored away somewhere, but I cannot find it.