GMAIL clickable links

Reaction score
Is there a way to be able to click the links in an email using the 2.0 Gmail functionality ?

OP
H
Reaction score
It could be simply that I don't know how to do it.

I get emails from GMAIL, like for example the one that told me this thread was updated. In the app they definitely show as links but I don't seem to be able to click them and get them to open.

Could well be that I don't know how.

Thanks.

Stigy

Reaction score
It would be easier to see a screenshot of your device to see what the links look like.

Hard to troubleshoot this one without seeing anything.

Sorry.

Stigy

Reaction score
How do you do a screenshot with a Droid and 2.0

Thanks
The only way I know of right now is to use the DDMS tool in the SDK starter kit. Just do a search for Android DDMS and it should explain it.

I don't believe there is a native way to do it and the Screenshot app in the marketplace requires root to use.

meatbawl

Reaction score
Having the same issue..if I get an email from a forum such as this one, the link embedded inside the email will be blue and "clickable". However, if I receive 2 or more emails from the forum, it will group them together as one message and the links will be grayed out and "unclickable"
I have found that sometimes marking it as unread and reopening it again SOMETIMES allows the link to work again.

I would also like to know how to ungroup messages from the same sender

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Here's what I do...when I get an email about a thread here being updated and I've already gotten one...the gmail app groups like emails together in a thread similar to gmail.com.

At the top of the email should be a tab that says # read messages (# is the number you've actually received).
Click that tab and it should expand to show the subjects.
Click on the very top one.
The link should be clickable there, but isn't in the rest...

Hope this helps! Took me a while to figure out myself, but sure saves time and hassle. If you're having issues and have only received one such email, I'm not sure what to say.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This may not be acceptable to everyone but I've found that the limitations in the default "gmail" application to be problematic. I use it simply to check email as a result of a notification. When I want to handle more complex tasks, I simply login to gmail.com. (Have it set as a favorite on my browser(s).)

Handling attachments and unscrambling complicated email threads is easier from the website, imo. Of course, if I'm sitting at my desk (as I usually am), I use my desktop PC to handle the email (and google calendar.) For someone with fat thumbs and bad eyes, it's much easier.

dfalcon217

Reaction score
I really dont know if one has anything to do with the other, but i have noticed all day that and facebook links i access through gmail lead nowhere. i can open gmail either app or through browser, for instance ill have an email indicating a message on facebook. ill click the link and it opens the browser with a blank screen. try refreshing it still nothing.

EDIT: it has to be something with facebook. i purposely subscribed to some hot topics here and am having no problem at all accessing this site through the links provided in the email.

Last edited: