Gmail app and notifications since ICS upgrade??

hallb

Reaction score
I use the gmail web interface heavily for personal and work email. A lot of times, I'll hear my phone give me an email notify and then just flip over to the web interface to check the email. Before I took the ICS update, the notification on my Razr would go away after I read the email on the web interface. Now, it stays in the notification bar until I clear it. This also means I don't get notified of any new emails until I clear the notification on my phone. Anyone else having this problem? Really, really annoying...

OP
H

hallb

Reaction score
Help!!! Am I the only one that finds this extremely annoying??

SallyC

Reaction score
Trying opening Gmail and going to Menu>Settings>select account and see if Priority Inbox is checked, making the Priority Inbox your default inbox. I'm wondering if it's appearing unread if assigned to Priority Inbox even though it's been read on your web interface in the Inbox.

Also in the same Settings area, scroll down to Manage labels and see if any are set to notify you. If you have rules that apply labels to particular messages, and they are set to notify, that might also cause this problem.

OP
H

hallb

Reaction score
Trying opening Gmail and going to Menu>Settings>select account and see if Priority Inbox is checked, making the Priority Inbox your default inbox. I'm wondering if it's appearing unread if assigned to Priority Inbox even though it's been read on your web interface in the Inbox.

Also in the same Settings area, scroll down to Manage labels and see if any are set to notify you. If you have rules that apply labels to particular messages, and they are set to notify, that might also cause this problem.

Priority Inbox is off and I don't even sync any of my labels, but none of them are set to notify either. It all worked seamlessly on Gingerbread....

SallyC

Reaction score
I don't know then. Sorry. It works for me so the only other thing that I can think of is a factory reset.

Maybe someone else has an idea.