Gmail "All Mail"

loopyloops

Reaction score
Hi folks. When I go to my gmail on my Droid X and select "all mail", it starts to load then goes back to my inbox - not letting me see "all mail" Any thoughts on this?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
hm, not sure but you might want to try going to phone settings > applications > manage applications and clear data for "gmail storage"

OP
L

loopyloops

Reaction score
hm, not sure but you might want to try going to phone settings > applications > manage applications and clear data for "gmail storage"

Thanks - no dice - starts to load "all mail" and then just snaps back to the inbox. How weird.

OP
L

loopyloops

Reaction score
Do you use Gmail? Can you make it stay on "all mail'?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use K9 for gmail on the X

another thing to try is phone settings > applications > manage applications and clear data for "gmail storage"

Last edited:

maxnicks

Reaction score
I know I always make the same suggestion but it always makes good sense. Have you tried K9 Mail? It's free and very robust.

OP
L

loopyloops

Reaction score
I know I always make the same suggestion but it always makes good sense. Have you tried K9 Mail? It's free and very robust.

Yup - tried that (clearing data...), doesn't work.

K9, nope. I'll check it out, thanks.

unknowndroid

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have three different Gmail accounts set up. The primary account shows All Mail label fine. But on the two secondary accounts, when I select Labels>All Mail, it starts to load all mail and then flips back to Inbox before it loads. Weird.

OP
L

loopyloops

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have three different Gmail accounts set up. The primary account shows All Mail label fine. But on the two secondary accounts, when I select Labels>All Mail, it starts to load all mail and then flips back to Inbox before it loads. Weird.

Very strange - especially considering it's a google os, etc.

Also, if I search mail, and it finds an email in "all mail", i.e. an email I'd archived, it will find it, but quickly go back to the inbox, so I can't actually look at the email. :icon_evil:

213ninja

Reaction score
I just recently noticed this issue as well. I too have 3 google accounts sync'd...

Are any of you rooted? I was hoping this didn't somehow occur as a result of rooting...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't understand what you guys are talking about. All Mail is where all your archived mail goes. It also keeps a copy of sent mail. Go on line and you can see it in your gmail.

If you are using straight gmail there is no need to use K9. Great app but it's not necessary for gmail.

Last edited:
OP
L

loopyloops

Reaction score
I don't understand what you guys are talking about. All Mail is where all your archived mail goes. It also keeps a copy of sent mail. Go on line and you can see it in your gmail.

If you are using straight gmail there is no need to use K99. Great app but it's not necessary for gmail.

Yup, archived mail, sent meail, drafts, everything.

Yes, on line, no problem. On the droid X, no can do. And, I just learned, you'll get thrown back to the inbox if you keep scrolling down "sent mail".

OP
L

loopyloops

Reaction score
I did install K9 - seems to work like a charm with no set up at all - just entered my email addy and password. I still want the Gmail app to work on a os made by google! :)

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did install K9 - seems to work like a charm with no set up at all - just entered my email addy and password. I still want the Gmail app to work on a os made by google! :)

You didn't have to change the namespace to avoid getting new labels when you login to gmail.com?