GMail Account Names

snydergarym

Reaction score
Ive tried to find this answer and I hope it can be. I have numerous gmail accounts for different businesses that I run and different personal functions that all funnel down to my phone. When I add through the "EMAIL" function I can give them nicknames to sort, but doesnt handle contacts and calander as well if at all, when I enter all ym accounts in GMail app I get al my contacts and calander events perfect, but contacts added to the phone get sent to all my accounts at once and not specific accounts so I have to clean it up. Is there an app or feature that lets me give the accounts "nicknames" so that it doesnt show up as "Google" and I can clean them off the contacts as I enter them?

Thanks

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've got a solution--ugly, but should work (running Gingerbread on the D1 btw):

(1) On the PC, go into each gmail account, and add your contacts to a group using the account nickname.

(2) Add/sync the accounts to the phone.

(3) On the phone, go to Contacts -> Menu -> Display options, and toggle OFF all the groups under each account.

(4) Next, go through each account one by one, and toggle ON the corresponding group, then edit the contacts as needed.

(5) Toggle all groups back ON again. :)

-Matt