Glitch with calendar

drgek

Reaction score
The Google Calendar icon on the home screen of my Droid Razr Maxx HD frequently does not show the correct date, but rather defaults to Oct 21 (interestingly enough that's the day I bought the phone.) See attached, taken on 1/25. Any thoughts or ideas? Screenshot_2013-01-25-09-41-10.png

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If you drag on another icon does it still show the 21st? Mine has always shown the 31st. Remember this is an icon, not a widget, so that could just be the default style.

OP
D

drgek

Reaction score
If you drag on another icon does it still show the 21st? Mine has always shown the 31st. Remember this is an icon, not a widget, so that could just be the default style.

Prior to upgrading to Jelly Bean it always showed the correct date, and does most of the time. This just happens periodically. Not a big issue.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Prior to upgrading to Jelly Bean it always showed the correct date, and does most of the time. This just happens periodically. Not a big issue.
Try clearing the cache of the calendar app and see if that helps.

OP
D

drgek

Reaction score
Try clearing the cache of the calendar app and see if that helps.

How do I do that? I see nothing in the settings for the calendar app about a cache. Sorry if my questions seem quite basic.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
go to settings -- apps -- all -- calendar -- clear cache.