Glitch when updating LauncherPro

xfireguru

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem: After LauncherPro updates from the market it forces the home screen to open the dialer and will get stuck there. The only option is to double-tap the home button and re-select LauncherPro as the default launcher. This will bring you back to the home screen as if nothing had happened.

It seems to me that after LauncherPro updates it should go back to your home screen with it already selected as the default launcher - not the dialer.

As a side note, if anyone else is in fact experiencing this, you may want to disable the auto-update feature for it in the market (FroYo only). LauncherPro updated itself overnight, locked up my home screen, and kept my alarm clock from functioning. Luckily my kids decided to wake me up early this morning.

drowe

Reaction score
I updated mine this morning and didn't have any problems. Everytime I've updated an app that replaces a built in one as the default I get the option to choose the 3rd party app or the built in app. I believe that is the way it is supposed to work. Not sure why your dialer opened, maybe you accidentily hit the phone button?

David

OP
xfireguru

xfireguru

Reaction score
I updated mine this morning and didn't have any problems. Everytime I've updated an app that replaces a built in one as the default I get the option to choose the 3rd party app or the built in app. I believe that is the way it is supposed to work. Not sure why your dialer opened, maybe you accidentily hit the phone button?

David

Appreciate the response. I'll have to get a screen shot to post the next time it happens. The dialer opens but is stuck in the in-call screen. It's like the phone has dialed someone, but really hasn't. It's very strange.

I'm pretty sure I didn't hit any buttons - I was definitely asleep with my phone across the room when Launcher Pro updated.

It has been doing this since day one with Launcher Pro, so I think there must be a conflict with another app somewhere. It's not really a big deal. I just disabled the auto-update feature, so hopefully I won't have any alarm clock interferences in the future.

packfan21g

Reaction score
My problem is slightly different. I cannot update to Launcherpro beta version 0.5.4 in the market place from the previous version. Everytime I try it says installation unsuccessful even though it downloads just fine. I am currently using version 0.4.4 on BB0.1 froyo. Any suggestions?

packfan21g

Reaction score
Disregard...Dev responded that my version was a themed version that would not update unless uninstalled first.