GingerShedBread and SetCPU?

jaitken0308

Reaction score
From what I've seen, there's no clear cut answer on this. Can you use Set CPU with GSB?

So far, I've seen:
1) The two clash and cause problems when used in conjunction.
2) Since the CyanogenMod settings has a menu for clock settings, you don't need it.

I liked the ability to set profiles, and that doesn't seem to be available in these CM settings.

Thoughts?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen, there's no clear cut answer on this. Can you use Set CPU with GSB?

So far, I've seen:
2) Since the CyanogenMod settings has a menu for clock settings, you don't need it.

I liked the ability to set profiles, and that doesn't seem to be available in these CM settings.

Thoughts?

I am using it. It is working great.

OP
J

jaitken0308

Reaction score

So far, I've seen:

Thoughts?

So does SetCPU override the CM settings then?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

So far, I've seen:

Thoughts?

So does SetCPU override the CM settings then?

It appears to. I set the CM settings, but after I installed SetCPU I set them there. They appear to override what I set in CM.

Skull One

Reaction score
CM7 settings ONLY WORK at boot. Since SetCPU works on "profile" conditions, it will override CM7 initial boot settings as soon as SetCPU is launched by the boot sequence. Which does occur after the CM7 boot code.

OP
J

jaitken0308

Reaction score
CM7 settings ONLY WORK at boot. Since SetCPU works on "profile" conditions, it will override CM7 initial boot settings as soon as SetCPU is launched by the boot sequence. Which does occur after the CM7 boot code.

Thanks. Another question for you.

Long ago, when I first OC'd my Eris, it was with the OTA 2.1 OS. I logged into XDA and DL'd the free version of SetCPU through my phone's browser, and installed that way.

That way doesn't seem to work with GSB. When I select the file drom my Download menu, it opens ROM Manager and prompts me to choose either "Backup Esisting ROM" or "Wipe Data and Cache" from the "ROM Pre-Installation" menu. What's up with that? What do I need to do in order to install the free Set CPU from XDA?

OP
J

jaitken0308

Reaction score
Nevermind. As soon as I finished typing, I found it in my File Manager app and did it that way. Didn't think about that one since I've never used any file manager before.

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
i actually have a problem with gsb and setcpu..... whenever i try to open set cpu and adjust anything it freezes up and i have to do a battery pull

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
i actually have a problem with gsb and setcpu..... whenever i try to open set cpu and adjust anything it freezes up and i have to do a battery pull

Stupid question but, have you tried to just uninstall and reinstall?

dwoid

Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but there may be some new thoughts here...

There do appear to be some conflicts between SetCPU and CM7 (current Stable, 3.0.4 at least) in that CM7's performance => CPU settings will override SetCPU whenever the CM7 module is executed. If you want SetCPU's settings to prevail, the trick is not to allow or accidently force the CM7 module to reload it's settings and execute them...

That is done by (1) unchecking the CM7 "set on boot" checkbox, (2) checking the SetCPU "set on boot" setting, (3) *not* going into CM7's perfromance => CPU settings even to view them (or running SetCPU manually immediately afterwords if you do) and most importantly (4) making sure to run SetCPU's device selection option so that it knows what slot and voltage combinations are available in the kernel you are running.

Personally I like SetCPU for the variety of profiles that can be setup, but was at first concerned when I saw the CM7 CPU settings taking over. A little of the above management seems to take care of allowing SetCPU to run unhampered.

Last edited:

hackedos

Reaction score
I had lots of problems using that app with cm7.. I dropped it, and use CPU master at about 765 or so mhz and it's had no problems!

sent from my Eris cm7