In 3.3.1 SetCpu or no?

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many people still use SetCpu vs using the built in Cpu Clock setting?

Now that BD went back to the previous kernel (which always worked best for my droid) so far I have just been using the built in Cpu tweaker, I have always previously used SetCpu but lately I dont use any profiles, so Im giving the built in Cpu Setter a try..

Zepius

Reaction score
it depends if you use profiles. if you dont use profiles, just use the built in one.

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I have not use profiles is quite some time, I used to, but whenever I had a "sleep profile" regardless of how high or low I had it clocked to for sleeping, 50% of the time my ringtones would fail (they would only ring once when an incoming call) since I quit using the "sleep profile" I have had no problems at all, & to be honest I could not even tell any difference in battery life with a sleep profile vs not having one.

Rodeojones

Reaction score
I always have and always will use SetCPU - for the profiles. The first thing I do when I flash a new ROM is disable the built-in CPU governor.

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
How do u disable it? By default the "set at boot" is unchecked what else needs to be done to disable it, I was always under the impression SetCpu overrides it as long as it is unchecked to set at boot?

armopride07

Reaction score
used to use setcpu but then roms got governors included so i didn't really see a need for it.

Apprazer

Reaction score
Haven't used it for awhile now.

Hey, anybody want to buy a slightly used version of setcpu?

Sent from my Droid