Gingerbread

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
A friend of mine has the droid x and just got the new gingerbread update for it. Can anyone confirm that the d2g has received this update yet? Also I am wondering what gingerbread is really all about. I have read that it has better battery and performance but is it going to be as good as running a custom rom? If so I will sbf back to stock and update just so I can get a few features back.

Discuss...

Sent from my B/W Angelic D2G using DroidForums

Anyone? Anyone?... Bueller?

Sent from my B/W Angelic D2G using DroidForums

Reports are that the d2 or d2g wont see the gb update until sometime in the 3rd quarter

Sent from my DROID2

Reports are that the d2 or d2g wont see the gb update until sometime in the 3rd quarter

Sent from my DROID2

That's exactly what they said about the Droid Pro, but we saw an OTA to gingerbread about a week ago or so. I wouldn't be surprised if an OTA comes for either in the next couple months. We'll have to wait and see.

A few people received a Gingerbread update for the Droid Pro. It was not a widespread release. It looks like Verizon started a limited release update and not a widespread update. Screenshots of a D2G update have appeared on the internet and there is some discussion in the motorola forums. The update will come but it looks like they will wait until Droid X and Droid Pro have received a successful widespread release.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Back