Gingerbread

Boblank

Reaction score
I can think of plenty wrong with it once you've used something other than blur. Its slow, leaks more than chernobyl, and is generally buggy. I personally can't stand going back to stock for longer than it takes to test something just because of how bad it is.

Sent from my RubiXed D2G

I agree, the blur on gingerbread would have to dramatically change for it to be usable from day to day (for those of us that know what the potential of this phone without it). Just to get the thread back on track does anyone know if there is any truth to gingerbread being released this weekend? And if so does anyone know about achieving root?

I think I remember reading that the gingerbread p3 has on the x has not yet gained root access. Someone please correct if I'm wrong. I have heard nothing about a release this weekend. Hope I'm wrong though. I hope this info didn't come from nenolod!!!!!!!! LMFAO
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

lol...for sure, no there was an article on droid-life today...

zwade01

Reaction score
Just to get the thread back on track does anyone know if there is any truth to gingerbread being released this weekend? And if so does anyone know about achieving root?

I've also heard of the possibility of it popping it's head out sometime this weekend. But I am by no means no in the loop like most are here.

Speaking of which, does anyone know P3's Twitter name so I can follow any updates he may throw out????

Also, when/if GB comes out, will we need to unroot and go back to stock to upgrade? (stupid question, I know) I just finally got my rubiX focused 2.0.1 and look down just the way I like it!!! :icon_evil:

One final question, I keep forgetting the answer. What is Blur vs No-Blur???? Everytime I hear Blur, I think that the icons are literally blurry to the eye. lol

@p3droid

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

brutalness

Reaction score
P3 mentioned something about the 3.4.2 build that he leaked being close to the gingerblur build he has if thats true there is a way to root it using superoneclick its what i did.

Boblank

Reaction score
P3 mentioned something about the 3.4.2 build that he leaked being close to the gingerblur build he has if thats true there is a way to root it using superoneclick its what i did.

I thought I read that didn't end up working for the gb rom. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cloud36426

Reaction score

I thought I read that didn't end up working for the gb rom. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I read that too. The exploit used to root 2.2 was patched if I'm not mistaken.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just to get the thread back on track does anyone know if there is any truth to gingerbread being released this weekend? And if so does anyone know about achieving root?

I've also heard of the possibility of it popping it's head out sometime this weekend. But I am by no means no in the loop like most are here.

Speaking of which, does anyone know P3's Twitter name so I can follow any updates he may throw out????

Also, when/if GB comes out, will we need to unroot and go back to stock to upgrade? (stupid question, I know) I just finally got my rubiX focused 2.0.1 and look down just the way I like it!!! :icon_evil:

One final question, I keep forgetting the answer. What is Blur vs No-Blur???? Everytime I hear Blur, I think that the icons are literally blurry to the eye. lol

Blur is the name of the motorola skin that they place over top of android for their devices.

A rom with blur either has all aspects still in-tact, or has enough to keep things like hdmi output and pc sync working.

Non-blur roms, commonly referred to as aosp (Android Open Source Project?) have 99% of the blur stuff removed. The theory is that the device is faster without all the moto stuff bogging it down.

I kinda like the terminology that rubix uses. Focused (opposite of blurry) for aosp like rom, and Blurry for the rom containing motoblur elements.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
@p3droid is his twitter

There's a rumor of gb for the X being pushed this weekend but keep in mind it is just a rumor.

So far gb hasn't been rooted yet as far as I know.

To get gb you only have to be on the stock rom and have all the bloat. You can still be rooted and get the ota update if you have all the bloat there.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Cloud36426

Reaction score
Anyone checked Twitter? Looking good. Looks like there will be gingerbread today after all.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

BaumbachVcV

Reaction score
Well if it comes out I wish I would like soon

Sent from my Droid X rockin' Liberty 1.5!

CMay

Reaction score
GB is already out if u have the TeamBlackHat app..it gets released to the public in 72 hrs..im downloadn from tbh app now..cant wait

BaumbachVcV

Reaction score
Like the official download? Or like a leak? I thought verizon was suppose to send a push

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Although I want GB as much as the next person, I think I will wait til it can be rooted. I like knowing that I can change things about the apperence that I want to as well as changing/getting rid of apps that are 'forced' to my phone. I hope all the awesome devs that work on the X will get that accomplished soon so I can make the long awaited change over.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Like the official download? Or like a leak? I thought verizon was suppose to send a push

Team Black Hat has a leaked version they released.

Although I want GB as much as the next person, I think I will wait til it can be rooted. I like knowing that I can change things about the apperence that I want to as well as changing/getting rid of apps that are 'forced' to my phone.

+1, that and Im constantly playing around with something in the system. And I cant wait until we have liberty on gb.