Gingerbread Update Problem

SystemEncephale

Reaction score
Alright, I've been trying to update my Pro for the past couple of weeks now to Gingerbread 2.3.3.

I tried downloading the update.zip and when I go to install it, I recieve a Status 7 error bluralarmclock.apk

Now, I did recently root my phone and deleted some bloatware. Such as the stock alarm clock and a few other things that I didn't need.

It was a temporary root however. I unrooted my phone for the update. When I try to force the update under the settings menu, it simply states my phone is up to date.

Solutions anyway?

Thanks

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Alright, I've been trying to update my Pro for the past couple of weeks now to Gingerbread 2.3.3.

I tried downloading the update.zip and when I go to install it, I recieve a Status 7 error bluralarmclock.apk

Now, I did recently root my phone and deleted some bloatware. Such as the stock alarm clock and a few other things that I didn't need.

It was a temporary root however. I unrooted my phone for the update. When I try to force the update under the settings menu, it simply states my phone is up to date.

Solutions anyway?

Thanks

If you rooted your phone and froze/deleted some bloatware, that's why you're getting the status 7 error. Clearly the stock alarm clock is what threw it specifically since it called out bluralarmclock.apk. To install an update, you have to have all of the stock apps (including bloatware) that came with the phone installed and unfrozen. If you can't install the .apks of what you deleted manually, flashing the SBF would probably be the way you'd have to go: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-pro/112314-official-droid-pro-sbf-tbh.html

The Gingerbread update was never officially sent out to everyone. It seems that only a handful of people received it as a test run. It's currently not being sent out OTA to anyone. That's why you can't force it. If you want to install the update.zip posted in the forum that was pulled from someone's phone that did receive the update OTA, you have to make sure all of the stock apps and bloatware are restored and unfrozen.

google123

Reaction score
The error indicates missing system apps which you also state you removed so you will need to reinstall those system apps or SBF.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums